Saturday, April 25, 2009

Orange Runway

There was a Fashion Show put on at the University by the fashion design students this Friday. I honestly didn't think it would be very large production or that it would garner much attention. I was pretty wrong. The fashion show was a very put together event and the students obviously put a lot of hard work into their collections. The show was named Luminous and featured three different collections; Casual, Evening, and Bridal. I was really glad I attended the show, it is really amazing what students in my own University are doing. I never thought much of the fashion design school here because it was in the Natural Sciences department along with biology and computer science. It seemed out of place or not an entirely existing program. This is hardly true because graduates from this program go on the work for Dior and Vera Wang. Soon the program will be moving into it's own school of Human Ecology. It seems like a really interesting path to take. I think that it is something I would enjoy doing, but I am really unsure. More unsure of my abilities than my passion for it. People have always acted like I have no fashion sense whatsoever. They always come to me to draw outfits, not put them together. I am still very passionate about getting into Animation, but I think this is a very fascinating option.

Photobucket
Here is the poster for the show, it displays all the fashion sketches of the designs featured in the show.


Photobucket
Here are some shots from the show taken with my really crappy digital camera. Dave rented a telephoto lens that can really zoom in. I regret not lending him my Nikon D70 to take pictures with at the show. I didn't think it would be a serious event enough to warrant such a massive lens.


Upon my new interest that the show sparked I went home and drew some of my own fashion sketches. I have been sketching clothes for a while before, but I never really took it seriously. Here are a few of my sketches:

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket
My Dream outfit. If only I could find such things that fit me exactly like this.

Photobucket


I drew out my dream haircut. I am not sure how a hairdresser would act if I brought this up to them and said I wanted this exact cut. An asymmetrical, uneven, A-line long bob.

Thanks for reading bloggers!
:]

8 comments:

  1. the sketches are really good! talented!! you should definitely cut your hair like that, it'll look chic on you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are amazing! Do you use an electronic drawing pad (sorry if thats a stupid question)? You shouldn't doubt your abilities, I think that you've got an eye for fashion and the ability to draw in proportion (I can't!) :) Dreams should never be out of reach xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we brought that lens too. But your pictures aren't too bad for being a snapshot camera, far away, and using a bad flash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG the sketches are beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'll be spending my bday in austin tomorrow!

    my blog macaroni club is doing an amazing giveaway tomorrow that i'd love for you to sign up for! jewelry designer leah sakellarides has made a custom macaroni club necklace which is SO beautiful, and she's super sweet to be giving one away! please come visit me, and if you like the piece you can sign up for a chance to win it!
    xo.... sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your drawings! And that haircut would probably look amazing on you. I wish I had the guts to go for something edgy and asymmetrical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cut it!!

    and great sketches (i love mermaid wedding gowns)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You so absolutly talented, how did you get so good!!!
    I absolutly love it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach