Saturday, April 18, 2009

Target Couture

Target has been defeated by me. That is, I have gone into Target and left without buying any clothes or accessories. I went home with only Lipton Citrus Green tea and clearanced Easter M&M's. The power of self control, I feel much better. Even though I did not buy any clothes, I did find items that were very compelling to me. Two pieces in particular caught my eye due to their high end appeal and tested my spending control by seeming like such a great deal.

Photobucket
First is the Balmain inspired vest I saw in the GO International collection. I realize that it is not a full jacket like the Balmain original and it doesn't have all the intricate details in the shoulders but it cannot be denied that there is an extreme resemblance. The front labels are cut very similarly, the buttons are styled the same, and the boxy cut is apparent in both pieces. While the Balmain original is obviously of much much better quality, the Target knock off surprised me. It was made of better material than most of their clothes, the detailing on the labels was more meticulous, and the cut was not bad. Overall, it is not a bad deal for around $30 compared to the original which will cost you a mere $11,410.

The Balmain original can be bought [here]

And the Target GO international line is [here]


Photobucket
The other item that almost broke my spending boycott was this McQ dress from Alexander McQueen's line for Target. I really like the pattern of the dress, probably because it reminded me of the prom dress I almost bought years ago. The draping of the dress makes it a McQueen, but the quality of the fabric isn't so great. It fits really well, but even on clearance it is about $50. Cheap for a McQueen, but not that enticing to me. I could not get the sash to work on me like Brittany Snow wears her's. The actress in the left picture has it on, but I liked the dress better without it. I think the sash interrupts the dress's flowy nature and hinders the draping from falling naturally. Just my opinion though.


Photobucket
Overall, if you have the extra money that doesn't need to be saved for food like myself, these two items are a great deal. They are definitely a cheaper alternative to get a higher-end look.



------
On another note, there was a croque-marriage recently.

Photobucket

Dave and I made these French sandwiches of toast, ham, cheese, egg, and a sauce made from butter, milk, cheese, and flour. His was a croque-monsieur and mine was a croque-madame. My sandwich was a lady because she has a hat made of a sunny-side up egg. What a cute couple they make no?

8 comments:

  1. Très bien! Those sandwiches look très magnifique! Especially delicious! I wish I could eat 5 of them now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELICIOUS food (and vest!) stellar :)

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh balmain. that vest doesn't look too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dress looks gorgeous on you, too bad you didn't buy it though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Target. Nice clothes!! And the food looks deliciouss.. *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've tried on both too! i was good and didn't buy either....but i'm kind of regretting not getting the vest now.....

    and your croque madame wins b/c egg = better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That dress is truly awesome and super gorgeous. Food looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach