Friday, May 15, 2009

Animations: Ratzilla and Detective Double Chocolate

Long time no... blog?
Seriously though its been a while. I have been really suffocated by schoolwork as of late. First was hell week and soon are my finals. Neither of these things actually took most of my time in the last week. While I have been studying for those, the real time drainer has been my final project for my animation class.

While I love the class, the only downer is the amount of time it takes to animate anything. I will never take Toy Story or Finding Nemo for granted ever again. Animation takes forever to do one simple thing. I pretty much fell off the face of the earth creating my final animation. I didn't see daylight for four days straight.

Now that I'm finally done I feel like running outside and breathing fresh air...or settling down with a good book.

Click here to watch my final project. It is a backwards interpretation of the Aesop's fable, The Lion and the Mouse. In the original story the lion spares the mouse and the mouse helps the lion escape later. In my version the roles are reversed.

This is a previous experiment in Flash that I did. Detective Double Chocolate must solve the crime of Chip's drowning. I think the characters are very reminiscent of Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

I really hope you have better internet connection than I do to watch them. Otherwise they will be glitchy little two second pictures and you will wonder why I didn't have a life for an entire week for them.


  1. I have friends who are animation majors, and I know that they basically become completely noctournal before they have a big project due! But I have nothing but respect for you for pulling these out...they're awesome!

  2. The videos are a little laggy on my computer, too. But mine is also recovering from a seriously traumatic recent breakdown. So I don't know.



Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]