Friday, May 22, 2009

Roy-G-Biv-Jane

Recently I did a watercolor sketch of Jane from Sea of Shoes. I am not that pleased with how it came out actually. I like the lines and the composition, but I don't think the colors work well. I think I am so bored with realism that everything I do ends up really stylized.

I really like Jane's blog. As a shoe addict myself, I can appreciate her awesome shoe collection. I really like her vintagey, earthy, and yet edgy style. As a Texan myself, I think its great that she is from Texas. I notice that most fashion bloggers are located in California, but Jane proves that you can have style in the Lone Star State as well. Perhaps I am homesick too. Her blog is located near my hometown.

Photobucket

I also inked out a sketch of Karla from Karla's Closet. I don't know if I am going to color it the same way I did Jane's sketch. I think I might go realistic on this one and see how it turns out. I dunno, I am just not as patient with painting as I should be.

Karla's blog is one of my favorite blogs. Her style is amazing and unique. While I'm not so sure I could pull off the outfits she works, I am still so inspired by her style. I may not go around in super-tall platform wedges, leggings, a boxy blazer and a teeny clutch, but man do I wish I had the nerves to.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I actually like the mix of colors in the first. This is very good!

    love,
    the WB
    (weekly blogette)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are SO talented. Me next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You drew these? Wow. I wish I could sketch/draw so detailed and well. Jane is such a Sweetie. I love her Mom too. :)

    btw, my vint. bag belonged to my Grandma, I love digging through her old things ;) you should check yours too.


    x, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love these two bloggers
    karla's my absolute favorite .
    it looks nice but i understand what you mean my BF sometimes hates art he does even if everyone digs it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the line weights in this. Maybe you could do a blogger coloring book?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these 2 blogs :) your drawings are amazing! karlas new hair is sooo hot, wish I had the guts/bone structure! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, these are amazing! you are such a talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the second one. Love the thick lines.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, isn't he great? the tee comes with the cutest tag as well with a picture of him and some bits of info like his name/age/likes/dislikes/etc :) but your stuff is stunning too girl, don't be humble! PS. i also made the peanut butter cookies from "A chow life"'s blog but they didn't turn out too good cus i put too much sugar in haha. thanks for stopping by and leaving sweet comments :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to see more more of your Art. Soon? :)


    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach