Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Back from the West Coast

Been an extremely bad blogger as of late. Haven't had a new entry in weeks.

I've been in California for the last 2 weeks. The weather there is so much better than the unbearable heat of Texas. All you bloggers who live in Cali are so lucky. It is such an interesting and exciting place to live.

During my time there I visited the Hearst Castle, Sequoia National Park, Yosemite National Park, San Francisco, San Diego, Little Saigon, and many many beaches. My favorite place to be was San Francisco. Despite the horrible traffic, it is a beautiful city with a lot of culture.


Photobucket
The beaches next to the Golden Gate Bridge.


Photobucket
An interesting reflection from a sign in Chinatown.


Photobucket
The beach sand casting harsh shadows at sunset.


Photobucket
The swimming pool at the Hearst Castle.


Photobucket
William Hearst's private library.


Photobucket
Cherries are so cheap in Cali! $1 a pound! Mmmmm!


Photobucket
The Sea Lions on Pier39.


Photobucket
The sunset on Pier39.

Photobucket
The view at night of San Francisco. Wish I had had a tripod when I took this photo.


Photobucket
The California Academy of Sciences has an indoor rain forest environment.


Photobucket
Only this butterfly would poise for me.


Photobucket
True or false? Do jellyfish have brains?


Photobucket
Looking down the road in Little Italy.


Photobucket
A bright alleyway in Little Italy.


Photobucket
Macarons. Not to be confused with those coconut hubcaps, Macaroons. I bought two of these and they were delicious!


Photobucket
The case of the French Bakery I had lunch at in Little Italy.


Photobucket
The signature of San Francisco. The Golden Gate Bridge.


Photobucket
The speed limit was 45. But I swear people were going much faster.


Photobucket
The view from Beetle Rock at Sequoia.


Photobucket
Chinese dumplings. Sweet white dough with seasoned pork inside.


Photobucket
Dumplings in a Dim Sum restaurant in Chinatown.


Photobucket
Matisse's The Joy of Life in the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.


Photobucket
The top of the Art Museum. They had an Ansel Adams and Georgia O'Keeffe exhibit there.


Photobucket
A busy intersection in Chinatown.


Photobucket
The valley of Yosemite National Park.


Photobucket
This stuff looks disgusting, but it is actually a delicious Vietnamese dessert. Although it looks like fish eggs and guts, it is just oddly shaped jellos in coconut milk.


Photobucket
Mmmmmm.


These were all taken with my Digital SLR a Nikon D70. I also took my black and white film camera, my Nikon N80 with me on the trip. I am currently developing them in a dark room at the local community college. Will post those when they are complete.

3 comments:

  1. I use Microsoft Outlook now and I saw this on my RSS feed. You're finally updating, bravo!

    San Francisco was your favorite because it had all the gays in it, right? LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these pictures are breathtaking. I must say, my fair city (SF) is naturally photogenic though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your photography is absolutly captivating. Its like with your images, you can smell and hear the place you caputured ut un.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach