Thursday, July 2, 2009

Pearl Jam


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Vintage pearl embellished dress- Thrifted. Vintage quilted leather purse- Thrifted. Peep toe heels- White House Black Market.

I do realize that my blog is very sporatic when it comes to the content of my posts. My topics are very widely varied. Starting soon though, my focus will turn towards outfit posts so expect many of them to come.

I start animation school next week and I am very excited and nervous about it. I have never taken an art class in college to date so this will be very different. My first class will be a 3D art class so I may post up some of my projects.

A while back, perhaps over 2 years ago, I found this dress at the Goodwill back home. At first I was really reluctant to buy it, but I sucked it up and took it home anyway. Originally it was a floor length dress, very long black and sweeping. It was hard to wear anywhere. I recently resurrected it from the back of my closet and hemmed it to knee length. The dress has a brand new life now! I am in love with the details in it. From the beaded pearls at the waist to the gathering of the skirt, for once I am super glad for my incurable thrift store impulse buying.

Rach :]

14 comments:

  1. Thank you :)

    Oh!! I really love this outfit. So Alice in Wonderland, set in modern times... with a little black dress and pumps!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous dress, especially the belt detail! haha glad someone else feels my sentiment. its insulting when someone doesn't want my nice stuff! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty belt!

    love that dress it looks very classy

    ReplyDelete
  4. my fashion blog...please read!!
    http://rhapsodyinheels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress, and it goes with you perfectly. Love the detail on it! It's great to give an old dress some new charm, you did an awesome job bringing it back to life. ^-^

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  6. the detailing in that dress looks do pretty and I love your bag too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. HEYYOU !
    Some new stufff are coming on BB&HH... lets check this out (:

    thx Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i adore this blog!! and your belt is fabulous! :)

    lacysmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dress... I love the detailing of the beading. Lovely blog by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This outfit rocks!

    Thanks for passing by NQQxxx and showing some love <3

    Hopefully your next visit will be shortly…

    P.S - I've added your blog to my blog list :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THIS DRESS. the pearl details are amazing. wow, animation school. that's cool.

    click here to visit me at mode junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this dress is so pretty. i love the beading at the waist

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are a wonderful thrifter. I don't have an eye for that kind of thing unfortunately. But yeah... very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach