Friday, August 14, 2009

Gladiators and Piranhas


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dress-Express. Denim Jacket-Thrifted. Gladiator Wedges-Forever21.

Today was the second day of birthday celebrations. My best friend and frequent photographer of my blog, the beautiful Miss Dee had her birthday yesterday on August 12th. Her cousin Nikki and I actually have the exact same birthday on August 22nd. As opposed to our more modest celebration at Applebee's yesterday, all three of us went to downtown Fort Worth for some sushi at Piranha's.

Despite starting off getting our picture taken by some guy who clearly didn't know how to work Dee's camera, we had a pretty good time. Not that I don't appreciate the guy's offer, but he was the one who persisted on taking our photo and managed to both crop out our feet and blow out the background. Guess I'm just being picky.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The night was a great opportunity for me to wear the black gladiator wedges that I decided to order from Forever21. Thank you all for your input on this decision :] The greatest thing about my black shirt dress is that it has huge pockets! And recently managed to find a denim jacket in a nice wash at a small thrift store in C-Stat.

Since yesterday was Dee's 21st birthday she got to order an alcoholic beverage. Her drink was a 'Donkey Show' with a wedge of lime and Nikki's drink is the pink concoction behind it. The sushi was amazing and the eggrolls were delicious. I feel like I'm burning out my birthday celebrations already and my actual birthday has yet to arrive.

Today's post will be my last for a few days. I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow morning. Joy. Since I'll be on all sorts of pain killers and anti-biotics for a while, I decided to make this post a long one. As on Mythbusters, its always best to go out with a bang.

Rach:]

14 comments:

  1. Lovely gladiators, That drink looks yummy. Nice pics

    http://www.Nubiasnonsense.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuur outfit is cute, I love that denim jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm the food looks yummy. those wedges are gorgeous, are they comfy? good luck on the wisdom teeth pulling :( i hate dentists xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want your jacket! I have always wanted a denim jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both you and that meal look gorgeous!

    Good luck with the wisdom teeth ~ hope your recuperation is a fast one!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to hear what you have to say on painkillers.

    Nice clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved the gladiator wedges, so very stylish.
    amazing inspiring pictures
    thanks for sharing
    by the way, thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment
    x
    S

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im to scared to get mine oulled out, but its so swollen and growing real weird!!
    I love your wedges they are amazing dude!
    Your profile picture is beautifule man!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rach,
    You look great. I love your faded denim jacket.
    xoxo
    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh great look! i can't believe you were able to wear the denim jacket in this heat! haha but then again i wore boots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i like the city pics and the food looks quite delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sushi and drink, too savvy. i love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach