Tuesday, August 25, 2009

God Save The [New] Queen

Going through my style inspiration folder, I realized that I have quite a collection of Taylor Momsen photos. With her character on Gossip Girl, Jenny Humphrey, poised to take over as Queen, her style looks like its gotten even fiercer in the third season. Perhaps its my obsession with leather jackets that has me looking at her attire with envy.

That and I wish I were the front woman of my own band that sounded a bit like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I've listened to a few demos from The Pretty Reckless and was surprised. Is is rather sad that I am jealous someone's style who is 4 years younger than me? Am I the only one totally enamored with Miss Humphrey's recent threads? What do you think?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. ohhh i'm a die-hard fan of Taylor Momsen too! i love her too muuuuuchh!

    please visit back sweetie,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny i just did a post about her on my blog...I'm totally loving her style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her <3

    Would you ever consider linking me?

    http://barkatt-barbro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like little J. i don't understand some of the hate she gets. i totally dig her style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's fabulous. And has great legs, too : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've turned out to love her. I love her harder-edge style, especially the outfit with the neon pink skirt. LOVE it. And I was shocked when I heard pretty reckless - I was totally expecting some cheesy, disney pop, but she sure can rock!

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    girlwiththebowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh she just has the most wonderful style!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it funny when you look back through all your inspiration folders and notice patterns like that? I personally don't find myself overly-fond of Taylor Momsen, but even I have to admit that outfit in the last picture is quite fetching. Or maybe I'm just blinded with jealousy over her Emma Cook for Topshop boots. Goddammit I still want those!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love her, her hair looks great.
    X, fashion-nerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's a little like the teenage version of Kate Moss but even more so "Rock 'n Roll" I love her. =)


    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Taylor! I know there are some rumors flying around that she's a it of a drama queen, but so be it. Her style is absolutely amazing. Especially for her age. I wonder, how tall is she?

    Insidemode.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach