Saturday, August 22, 2009

Two Decades Today

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Dress-Karen Millen. Clutch-Forever21. Heels-White House Black Market.

So I am not sure what exact time I was born, but I will go ahead and assume that as of midnight yesterday I am now 20 years old. Yep. Its my birthday today! I turned two decades old in the company of my best friend at Whataburger eating french fries and gravy after our long tax-free weekend shifts at the mall.

Miss Dee gave me a number of things on my birthday list that include a hair dryer, Arrested Development Seasons 1 and 2, Breakfast at Tiffany's, and a pair of pretty turquoise earrings. I am a pretty happy chica. I've actually never watched Breakfast at Tiffany's (which is kind of a shocker I know for a girl) and finally got to see it while doped up on pain-killers from my wisdom teeth removal. I loved the movie. But on those meds, I think I loved everything at that point.

I can't get over Holly Golightly's Givenchy gown. I mean I know that Audrey Hepburn is the LBD icon, but that specific dress is like none I've ever encountered. That Givenchy dress is sleek, well cut, classy, and dramatic. And so I decided to post the outfit closest to it that I have. This Karen Millen dress was given to me by a special someone and I think the shape, color, and cut of straps in the back resemble Miss Golightly's most iconic gown.

Rach:]

14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!
    I wish you all the best, especially health and fabulousness.

    I agree with you on that Givenchy gown but I have to say it was that much more amazing because the great Audrey Hepburn was wearing it.

    : ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for picking up my call! Happy Birthday, Rachel! I hope you have an awesome one. Call me back when/if you get the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Breakfast at Tiffany's and her LBD. It's gorgeous. I really like your clutch. Is it like a massive gold stud on it? So cool!
    And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im a few days late..but still CONGRATS!! love that dress!

    One Love,
    Jowy
    www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love ur outfitsm i want ur oversize studded clutch :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, darling! You look gooooorgeous!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress!!! Love it!!
    Nini

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fierce! :)
    Great clutch, I love your hair!!!


    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!!
    I love the clutch - I can't believe it's forever 21!
    I hope you had an amazing day xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy belated and that's a GREAT dress. your special someone has great taste. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! haha well me and tokyostar only lived in Jester our first year.. then we lived in a west campus apartment the rest of the time... it was good times... of course i um. graduated in 03.. campus looks so different now!

    -issa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the details on this dress are just stunning. What a fitting birthday frock. Happy 20th!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach