Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Vogue Darkroom

Photobucket
Skirt-Forever21. T-shirt-Kohl's. White Belt- Charlotte Russe. Black Wedges- Target.

I recently wore my paint strokes skirt from Forever21 to a friend's birthday party. After an amazing Italian pasta dish and a positively evil tiramisu, everyone went dancing on the top of a parking garage on campus. I decided to test out the twirly-ness of my skirt.
---


Photobucket

Photobucket

In my film photography class I took over the summer I thought of an idea for decorating my room in the new apartment. Just like photography prints are pinned up on strings to dry, I decided to clip up magazine prints on ribbons above my bed.

My favorite pages come from Vogue, Elle, Nylon, and W magazines. And say hello to my little blue octopus friend Squidy!

Rach:]

12 comments:

  1. hello squidy!
    how cute...i love this, great inspiration
    fun skirt

    -cma
    check out my blog @
    cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the efect on your skit in the first pic! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt looks super cute! Especially all flared out! :]

    And right? Heels+campus=big fat no go. & thanks! The studded black flats are from Aldo, they're on sale actually for 35!

    -xtina
    www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the collage on your wall, its real cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the clothes. As always. Seriously.

    Also, congratulations on your room not looking like Ted Bundy's basement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it twirls perfectly ! love those wedges btw

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rach! :) I used regular scissors and an art scalpel looking kind of knife. You should totally do it to your jeans. It's addicting =x

    And btw, I forgot to mention last time-I really like your bedsheets how they're black and white! I'm looking around for some that are like yours!

    -xtina
    www.thisisxtina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your room looks much bigger! That's good, at least.

    Also, I like the 2nd picture. The ceiling fan really adds a lot, glad you got that in there. Everyone's moved out and Victor's in MO/NY so I'm gonna live by myself for a week or two. YA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look fabulou, darling!
    Love the collage, too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  10. AH i love the octopus plush!

    and i totally had magazine cutouts in my dorm room back at jester... haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this!
    I may have to use this idea myself!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach