Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Aspirations


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


On Massiel(first outfit): Lace gown-Vintage. Leather Jacket-Bitten by SJP. Studded Headband-Target.
On Eleni(second outfit): Ruffle Dress-GO International for Target. Belt-Thrifted. Shoes-Model's own. Beaded Necklace-Forever21.


Along with dreaming of being an artist, an animator, a fashion designer, and a photojournalist someday, I once aspired to be a fashion photographer. Needless to say, I'm not very specific on what my life goal is. Other than to do something that makes me happy of course.

These photos were taken a while back, about a year ago for a photojournalism class I was taking. Ironic, because they look like nothing that would print in a newspaper. Blame my idealistic mind for thinking I could one day shoot fashion photos for Vogue or Elle or something. I can't even remember what the class assignment was about, but it is clear I did not fulfill it. That day I remember somehow getting Massiel and her then roommate to dress up in these ridiculous ensembles in sweltering Texas heat and pose in front of some graffiti down the street from my old apartment. And what you see above is the result.

My photography style has veered way more to the photo journalistic style since then. Upon recently practicing photojournalism as a side job, I reminisced about my previous glitzier ambitions. Perhaps one day I will pursue fashion photography again and maybe, just maybe, if I'm lucky, get somewhere with it.

Rach :]

15 comments:

  1. wow, you really do have a talent for fashion photography. I think your blog is a wonderful excuse to keep it up - don't give it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually beg to differ because these are great shots. I could totally see photo 1 and 3 in some kind of editorial!

    I love my Jeggings and love my pair from UO...but I've always thought they were a little too expensive for jeggings but I wear them a lot! I only ever wear them with long tees though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos; incredible background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are great.

    I'm confused about my profession choice, too. It's very hard to know what it is that you wanna do for the rest of your life at such a young age.

    : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think these pictures are awesome!!! Did you do all the styling as well??? I LOVE the first outfit
    so so much, do you have more pics of it???
    xxxxxxx

    AlphaBetaChic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You aren't giving yourself enough credit - these are fabulous pictures! You are really talented.

    And having only one dream is boring. I think we all should have ever-changing dreams even if we rotate them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for your lovely comment. i love those outfits on the model and the pictures are beautiful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. try it again! the pictures are good, you've got the angles and the lighting and the great background. great thrifting tips a few posts below btw... i always find myself so lost in stores like that haha. and its true, i always think shoes will be okay to find but they never are xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they look great... I love the backdrop and the first photo is awesome. I LOVE Massiel's hair!!!

    x.katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jesus Christ you get a lot of comments now.

    And the assignment was Motion. Motion! And clearly, you did not fulfill it. Not even close.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shut up Dave lol. And thank you Katie D! Yeah Rachel my mom always asks about you and always wants me to hire you to take pictures of stuff. She pretty much prefers you over me as a person lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach