Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Yellow Fields of Flowers


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
[Cotton moto jacket-Decree. Skirt-thrifted. T shirt-Target. Heels-Simply Vera by Vera Wang. Studded belt-borrowed. Necklace-thrifted.]

When my mother first saw this skirt hanging on my wall she immediately proclaimed that I, inheriting her short gene, was not tall enough to wear it. She is probably right. But for some reason I have become uncontrollably attracted to long flowy grandma skirts. My collection only stands at 4 skirts right now, but I keep eying more and more at thrift stores. Perhaps its the comfort level that has me addicted. Seriously, a long floor length skirt is the girly equivalent to guy's sweat pants. Its loose, baggy, and kept up by an elastic waistband. But, of course, it looks much prettier!

Rach:]

***EDIT***
Photobucket
Lol. I just got asked if I was dressed up as Snow White in these photos. Well, there is a small resemblance...

8 comments:

  1. I think long skirts make short people look taller! And I love the sunny yellow color. I guess it's the high fashion version of Snow White.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have love this skirt on you and how you styled it with the little cropped jacket is amazing. So cute!!

    xoxo
    Amy

    http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aha! I love Snow white, that skirt is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! I love your breakdown of Jenny Humphrey's style. I think it's interesting how the character's wardrobe has evolved from season to season. Can't wait to see what you post next!

    - Catherine at Littlehouse of Style
    http://littlehouseofstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt! I'm short myself and I wouldn't have the guts to pull that off but you ROCK it! I love it.

    And thank you so much for that lovely comment on my blog, it means so much to me!

    <3
    The Treasure Trove

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god I'm in love with that skirt!

    http://wantwhatsheswearing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach