Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Karla's Closet]

Hello there, welcome to the first edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! Every Sunday I will be posting a few of my sketches of some of my favorite bloggers. I always keep a notebook at my desk so that when a specific image or photo on one of the many blogs I scroll through really catches my eye, I can grab the nearest ballpoint pen and scribble a drawing of it down. What you see below and on my blog for many Sundays to come is a peek into my nifty sketchbook.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
What better way to start off this weekly tradition than with one of my absolute favorite bloggers out there, the edgy and stunning Karla of Karla's Closet.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-This girl's photos are amazing. Each and every single one always seems to capture her in a perfect moment in time. Whether shes laughing, walking, or twirling, her photos capture her beautifully.
-Karla is not waif thin. Shes got curves and she knows how to work them. Its really inspiring to see a girl who's got muscle to her legs and an actual figure dress how she pleases and look stunning every single post.
-Her style is something that cannot be mimicked. There is something about the unexpected way she puts her ensembles together. Its like abstract art. You can copy an outfit that she wore, but you couldn't have come up with it before she wore it.

Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this post and others like it for many Sundays to come.
Rach:]

11 comments:

  1. Your sketches are amazing. I wish I had the talent to draw like this. You should've posted a link to her blog!

    http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is AWESOME! keep it up girl!! amazing! karla is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's true karla closet is an inspired fashion woman! these drawing are really nice!keep in touch..

    www.intuitioncouture.blogspot.com
    www.intuitioncouture.blogspot.com
    www.intuitioncouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously one word AMAZING!!! luv it all :)

    time to ditch the trend:
    ditchthetrend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i freakiin love her such talent you have
    Im going to go see her today at the coach store on madison today im so excited
    twinn-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sketches are sick!! that a really nice job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love her sketches but I must say that your last one (Audrey) blew me away. I just adore the way you created shadow and light... very impressive and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible! Those look just like her! I love her blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your too talented how long does it take you to draw these?

    shukura

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd just like to say, I just went through ALL your 'blogger sketch' posts and caught myself gasping out loud plenty of time, your illustrations are amazing and I think the 'thrown together' style of sketching you do perfectly embodies everything that most of these blogger represent, effortless style and class.
    Absolutely thrilled to have stumbled across your blog :)

    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach