Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tribute Painting [Audrey Hepburn]

A few months ago, I decided to start a series of paintings featuring inspirational women. In the list of females I wanted to pay tribute to, Audrey Hepburn was among the top few. Infamous for her style as much as her grace, its easy to see why she was the perfect muse to kick off this new series with. Like most girls out there, I have always been enamored by her classic and elegant personal style. I chose to do her portrait in my art medium of choice, watercolor paints. I only used black pigment for her portrait to reserve that timeless quality Audrey has.

Photobucket
Photobucket

I also honestly just did this portrait because I couldn't afford to buy the $60 portrait of Audrey selling at Target. My room's color scheme is black and white and I really wanted the painting to add to it. But seeing as I am a college student, I made do by painting a portrait of her myself to put up in my room.
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous portrait and pics!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. The portrait is lovely - you have some serious talent.

    xoxo, Ashley @ freehoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so talented!!! and that skirt, wow I want it!!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...i love audrey, what lovely girl doesn't. the picture of her under the dryer is my favorite. thanks for checking out my blog!
    xo
    m.fay
    http://www.amateurcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. im fascinated by how much you can do. ive done a couple watercolors myself, and i find portraits are the hardest out of everything. sceneries are easier cause you can make up stuff. but wow, im stunned. they are very gorgeous. oh one question, does the paper wrinkle up? if so what type of paper do you use? and it looks a million times better than whatever poster you were gonna get.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I just adore your attention to detail and the shading in her hair, drawing/painting hair is always so tedious for me..lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i have no words..... speechless ;-)

    xx
    rulymuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just came across your blog! I will def be bothering you to do a header for me soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach