Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Wolves and Cheese

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
[Olive green blazer, White cutoffs, and Necklace-thrifted. Wolf T-shirt-gifted. Black heels-Alfani. Fedora hat-Target.]

So I've been chasing down a wolf t-shirt like this for forever it seems. But every time I find one its 'vintage' and way over priced. Thankfully however, my bff found this one for me from the little boy's section at Kohl's I believe. I plan on altering it a bit (cutting off the hem, lowering the neckline, rolling up the sleeves, etc) but I actually couldn't wait to wear it so here you see it in its untampered form. With it I'm wearing one of my favorite necklaces. I bought it from Savers Thrift in Austin because it reminds me of cheese. And I love cheese.

I always feel pretty proud of myself when I look down and notice that almost my entire outfit was bought secondhand. Feels like maybe, just maybe, I can perhaps deny my obedience to commercial consumerism for at least a day. I'm pretty sure everything I'm wearing but the shoes cost me a grand total of around $22.

Which is about half of the parking ticket I got the other day. Is it sad that what upsets me the most about parking tickets is that I know that I could have bought 2 complete outfits with the money I now must fork over because I forgot to buy a parking pass before class? Alas, perhaps one day all of my dreams will come true and parking on college campuses everywhere will be free.
Someday...

Rach:]

6 comments:

  1. Great pictures, you look really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- that hat kicks ass! great look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOLF T-SHIRT?! NO WAY. FOR THE WIN.

    I LOVE how it's a boy's t-shirt. Good call, though. Vintage shirts can definitely be a tad over-priced. You look fantastic.

    I was tempted to do, like, a wolf-call because I think I'm funny, but then I realized that was lame/ creepy so, yeah..


    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute. Only you could make a wolf shirt look so cute~!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach