Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thirty-One until Twenty-One

Amazingly enough, my birthday is exactly a month away already. Its crazy to think I posted a birthday wishlist on this blog a year ago. My high school art teacher used to always remark about how greatly your life changes in the course of a year. And he was definitely onto something. Everything alters so fast. You never expected to be where you are now a year ago and you'll never be able to predict where you will be a year from now. But now in the present, I think I'll ignore the frightening bigger picture and indulge a bit in a few things I'd like for my 21st birthday.

Rach:]

Photobucket
1. Any necklace from the online shop, BeadsCorner on eBay [here] would be amazing to have. I'm simply in love with the bold colors of these seed bead creations.


Photobucket
2. My favorite magazine right now, Harper's Bazaar found [here]. I really love their editorials and the collages of trends they have in every issue.
Photobucket
3. So I keep buying thrifted purses and with the way I handle them, they keep falling apart. Guess its time to suck it up a get a brand new purse that can handle the strain. Although I love the Phillip Lim studded Edie Bow bag, as seen on Rachel Bilson [here] , I'd feel ridiculous asking for it. I'd be set with ModCloth's much cheaper imitation sold [here].


Photobucket
Photobucket
4. I rarely like necklaces that are attached to shirts, but I fell in love with this one sold at Forever21 [here]. The beading detail seems very JCrew inspired to me. And I love JCrew.

Photobucket
5. I really told myself I'd learn to sew over the summer, but I'm a little nervous about it. I don't have the time to take a class, so this how-to book sold at ModCloth [here] would be a great alternative.

Photobucket
6. Of course another thing keeping me from learning to sew would be a lack of a sewing machine. I would be really excited to have on of my own. I can't promise couture yet, but everyone needs a starting point.
Photobucket

7. I have an undying affection for black wedges. I already own a strappy formal pair and a gladiator sandal version. But I'm in love with these studded Mary-jane heels at Aldo [here].


Photobucket

8. I have a Nikon D70 but unfortunately it got dirt in the digital sensor that is kinda expensive to get cleaned. I'm debating just getting a new camera all together. This Canon 50D would be a dream to own.


Photobucket
9. I'm starting to paint again (Yay!!!) and even though I have plenty of paints left from high school, I seem to be out of canvases. Michael's [here] and all other art supply stores are so expensive. What's a starving artist to do?



6 comments:

  1. OMG I want a sewing machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I for one hope to see a lot more of your fantastic art on this blog, so paint away!

    And I've been debating whether or not to get a digital SLR. I have a pocket digital and a slr film camera, but my set feels incomplete without a digital version. How do (or did) you like your Nikon? I've always been a fan of their film cameras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you on wanting a new camera, I'm craving the Canon Rebel - I wish my bday was coming up so I could ask for it! :) And happy *very early* birthday! :D

    -Ashley
    http://breakfastatsaks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cha I have to save up to get you something great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2, 3, 5 and 8 would be on my wish list too!

    http://dolls-and-guys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. Thank you for share your blog :)
    I really like it. And I feel we have same age and same day Birthday, if you born 22 june :D
    Good luck to you with new events!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach