Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Behind the Seams]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hello there bloggers! Welcome to the Seventh edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! Each week I like to share a few of my ballpoint pen sketches here on the Visual Basic. This week's edition features Trang of Behind the Seams whose incredible blog is located in Florida.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-Her style takes high fashion trends and makes them wearable in real life. Many fashion blogs feature clothes that seem so couture, they would look ridiculous in reality. But Trang's ensembles look stylish and reasonable. I could actually see her going about her normal day (looking incredibly chic of course) without a problem.
-I love her name and her blog's name. She has the same name as my own mother and I've never actually encountered anyone else other than my mom whose name is Trang. And her blog's name 'Behind the Scenes' is an ingenious pun off of the phrase 'behind the scenes' as well as an excellent description of her blog.
-Her DIYs are amazing and inspiring. From sweater-arm leg-warmers to black lace nails to a ribbon statement necklace, you name it and she has probably made it. I love people who have creativity and imagination. Trang's ability to create any high fashion trend with her own two hands is evidence of both.

If you haven't come across her blog, you should definitely visit it. The link to her blog is located where I've named it above.

Thanks for reading and have a great Sunday!
Rach:]

24 comments:

  1. Oooh, great sketches! I LOVE her blog -- she has such great style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so detailed and amazing, Rach! Another fantastic installment (I really do look forward to these)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeap, I've been following her for a while and she's truly amazing when it comes to fashion choices! :o)
    You're so talented!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing sketches!! i wish i can draw hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING. I love how you use ballpoint pen! It looks AWESOME. SO SO GOOD.

    SO SO GOOD.

    SOOOO GOOD.

    (Hey, P.S. wanna draw me?! Haha. Kidding... kind of.)

    Thanks so much for stopping by!
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come check out my blog.... all this week I am putting up pictures of my first collection!



    Carissa
    http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just stumbled across your blog, and your drawings are amazing. Love your work.

    www.Chanelcraves.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stumbled across your blog, and your drawings are amazing. Great work!

    www.Chanelcraves.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. damn those sketches look amazing... i can sketch shoes and other rando things but never people

    love Trang.. she's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been following her for quite a while, and I've got to say, you captured her essence so well in these sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are incredible! I will definitley take a look. Lovely blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went through your whole blog and I must say, you're magnificent. You draw amazingly, your style is brilliant and you're a great blogger!

    I would love it if you could draw a picture of me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your sketches........ very cute

    ReplyDelete
  14. you, my dear, are crazily talented. i always look forward to these entries...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your sketching skills and the bloggers you follow are amazing.Your drawings are just as amazing =).Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.
    I appreciate them alot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey thanks for the great blog find. I actually like hers... she has spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have such incredible work! And I want every single outfit that you sketched!

    Have a lovely weekend! And please stop by my blog - I'm hosting a giveaway for an Oufi London handbag that you may want to enter.

    xoxo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your sketches are just incredible, I adore these! definat4ely following you to see what other beautiful creations you come up with xx

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. these are amazing rachel! i wanna see more of your work!

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  20. saw your sketches on behind the seams. they are quite stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are an amazing artist :) your sketches are gorgeous!

    www.letthesunshineinblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. great sketches!!

    http://moonriverr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. wooowww...you did a great job^^ love your sketches and your drawing style, strong personal identity of you :)

    Keep it up!!♥

    love,
    7ths - Another Fashion Story
    http://7ths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOU ARE SOOO STINKIN TALENTED!!!

    FASHION du jour
    http://fashiondujourdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach