Sunday, July 25, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Cupcakes and Cashmere]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hello there! Welcome to the Eighth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! At the beginning of every week I like to post a few fashion sketches of bloggers who inspire me. This week's edition features Emily of Cupcakes and Cashmere whose blog is located in Los Angeles, CA.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-Emily's blog is the perfect combination of food and fashion. Many other blogs out there cover both topics, but not like this girl does. I absolutely LOVE her recipes and food photography. She posts entries on how to make delicious dishes such as Strawberry Shortcake, Home-style Onion Rings, Chicken Pot Pie, Lemon Bars and Watermelon-Lime Popsicles. Her photos record the cooking process and always look picture perfect. Good food photography is no easy feat, but her photos always bring out the beautiful textures and colors in the food she cooks.
-Her style is so relaxed and breezy while still retaining a little edge. She's like the gorgeous girl you knew in high school who always seemed so carefree and chill. Her outfits seem to revolve around flowy fabrics with small floral prints or lace and tougher extras such as leather belts and ankle boots. And every ensemble seems tangible, like it would translate well in real life.
-She has intriguing home decor ideas. Her blog doesn't boast about being an interior design connoisseur, but all of her Do-It-Yourself projects for her place are creative and chic. I loved the idea she had for using the pretty door-knob handles from Anthropologie as jewelry hangers in the bathroom and how she found a bunch of flea market gold frames and clustered them together for a special wall peice.

If you've never seen her blog, you should most definitely go check it out. Every time I see her blog I immediately want to go cook a meal, create something for my apartment, or break out my flowiest skirt. I've added the link to the blog where I named it above.

Thank you again to all the new followers I have received from this weekly tradition. Doing this is something I really enjoy and aim to continue with it. Hope the rest of your Sunday is wonderful!

Rach:]

32 comments:

  1. Woooow! You are so talented. I love the sketches and I love Emily's blog as well :)

    Natasha @ twenty-something blog
    http://poshxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. your sketches are so beautiful! :) love the behind the seams sketches esp! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your drawing and Emily style.

    kisses
    AzaharaJS

    ReplyDelete
  4. aahw these are so nice!! you def are talented! :)

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. can it be next sunday already?! i wanna see who you're sketching next week now!

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these sketches are so gorgeous! my dream is to be able to do this, but im so not an artist. love them!

    CLOTHESURE

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous!! Emily is one of my very favorite bloggers, and these sketches capture her perfectly! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, these are absolutely STUNNING. You've captured not only Emily's gorgeous outfits but also the attitude that each photo portrays. Incredible job, dear!
    It's my first time on your blog and I'm absolutely in love -- can't wait for more!
    xo Josie
    http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing artist! I read cupcakesandcashmere everyday, you definitely portrayed her perfectly in these drawings! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The drawings are just spectacular. I can't wait to see more!

    -Christine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sketches are beautiful! I just peaked at all of your blogger sketches and you really have a great talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work!! They looks SO great - the resemblence is fantastic.

    A.Co @ A.Co est. 1984

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love a sketch of me if you ever were interested! Your amazing

    http://jessica-bonvivant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. your sketches are fabulous! cupcakes & cashmere is one of my favorite blogs and i think your descriptions were spot-on. amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sketches of Emily are beautiful! And your description of her blog is perfect!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is such a great aspect of your blog. i love your sketches, and seeing your kind comments about your favorite blogger!!

    Loving your site.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sketches. And thanks for the comments I'm going to try that look with the sequins dress and idk I really don't like being in front of the camera. Oh when are you coming back home?

    ReplyDelete
  18. FABULOUS!! Wow, just clicked through your whole gallery and I love your sketches. Great blog!
    *Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing! Looks just like Emily! She's such a great blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog is incredible and so are your sketches! I love C&C and the pictures you chose to sketch are perfection. You're incredibly talented! I'll be returning, most definitely!

    brebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. These sketches are amazing! I can only dream of being able to draw like that!
    I also love Emily's blog for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just came across your blog- I love it! And these drawings are great- definitely following you :)

    http://alwaysfashionablyearly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. looking forward to weekly updates of yours. how long do these sketches take? ive been keeping a fashion journal myself but it doesn't seem to look as good as yours.

    http://vickieli.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. What gorgeous and stylish sketches!
    Cupcakes & cashmere is a very lovely blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW I'm absolutely amazed by these drawings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous!!! I love Emily's blog!!!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  27. So I found your blog through Behind The Seams. I LOVE your artistic style..your sketches are some of the best I've seen in the blog world. Keep up the great work, you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love love love! you did a great job! I was wondering who did Fashion Banana's now I know, because lord knows I was harassing her through email to figure out who sketched that!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice blog she have. Definitely a creative and chic one. Thanks for sharing, eh.

    Cheers,
    Mizrachfaith@embroidery digitizer

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rach,

    My fiancee Abby(also a sexy Asian American like you) would LOVE your blog! My gut is telling me to befriend you as well.

    Trying to get readers to my blog. Thanks.

    http://wheelchairphilosopher.blogspot.com

    For writing, editing and creative:
    http://thumbtack.com/michaellapenna

    Regards,
    Michael LaPenna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach