7.04.2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Late Afternoon]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hello there! Welcome to the Fifth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday, a weekly peak at the ballpoint pen doodles in my sketchbook. This week's edition features Liz of Late Afternoon whose powerhouse blog is located in San Francisco, CA.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-The backdrops in all of this blogger's photos are phenomenal. There's something about having those perfect city street backgrounds or the urban skyline stretching out behind that make her photos look like they could be an ad campaign. I have an undying love for cityscapes and fashion and this blog combines both.
-Her style is the perfect mix of romantic vintage with a touch of modern edge. She throws on layers of dreamy satin blouses with light cotton shorts and tops it off with a linen blazer or a chunky cardigan. And for a little spice she mixes in chain jewelry, bold metal cuffs, and towering chunky wedges.
-She always remains tastefully dressed. Although a lot of people tend to see revealing clothing as what is 'fashionable', this blogger stays modest without sacrificing looking fabulous. Her ensembles always look comfortable and airy. You won't find any barely there bodysuits, down-to-there necklines, or impossibly thin and tall heels here.

So if you, by a small possibility, haven't come across her blog before, you should definitely check it out. I've posted the link to the blog where I named it above.

Thanks for reading and I hope you all having a great 4th of July!
Rach:]

Photobucket
Three Flags- Jasper Johns

26 comments

  1. Amazing sketches! You have such great talent!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that post. Your sketches are so amazing.
    Will follow you :)
    Wanna follow me ?

    http://pretaporterbyannie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it you have wonderful sketching skills =) And thank you for your lovely comment on my blog =) Happy 4th of July!!!!!(a day late!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow,those are some incredible illustrations.My drawings look rubbish compared to yours lol :D good job ;D







    StopAndStareStyle - btw,posted my FIRST EVVVERR look on here lol,so i'd love to hear your feedback.It would be much appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful as always my dear! Their really quite amazing.

    Hope you had a lovely weekend,

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so obsessed with liz! her blog is fab, and you are so talented! these drawings are amazing:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! Thanks for checking out my blog! you are too sweet!

    I love these sketches- you are beyond talented! can't wait to read more :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog and your sketches! You seriously have major talent!! I want to see more of your blogger illustrations!! xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so talented, I love your sketches!
    Also your blog header!
    You're in my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this sketches are awesome! I love your concept of drawing only the clothing

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so talented! Your sketches turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you have some talent! Gorgeous sketches.

    xo Lynzy
    http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. you're super talented dvrling! keep it up and can't wait to see more of your work ;)

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just found your blog via Liz's... I'm a new follower :)

    You are so talented! Looking back at your previous work too (especially your portfolio), I have become rather jealous (and in awe, really).. I'm applying for art college next year and I can't wait! :)

    www.romance-is-boring.blogspot.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. you're really talented! i'm so in love with your drawings <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg!! These are just so amazing sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this blog! Liz is such an inspiration, these drawings truly do her justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow these sketches are amazing, such a good idea blogger sketch sunday :D, I can totally tell they are Liz, so glad I have found your blog! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely illustration style! Really effortless and raw, me likey!
    XOXO!

    www.teeslc.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Liz beautiful drawings

    kisses
    AzaharaJS

    ReplyDelete
  21. fabulous sketches your super talented xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely LOVE your illustrations... beautiful X

    Krista
    http://fashionlookbook.blogspot.com/
    www.mylookbook.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the sketches in every possible issue. Great projects. I congratulate the talent :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach