Sunday, August 1, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Song of Style]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hey there bloggers! Welcome to the Ninth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! Once every week I like to share a few of my ballpoint pen doodles of a bloggers that inspire me. This week's edition features Aimee of Song of Style whose blog is located in San Francisco, CA.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-I've been a reader of Aimee's blog since the beginning of 2009, before I even had a blogger account. Back then, I was drawn her vast collection of leather jackets. Since then she's ventured into high-waisted shorts, crochet dresses, and chunky wedges. Its been amazing to watch the growth and evolution of her style and her blog.
-Throughout her style's transformation however, she's stayed loyal to great fitting basics. Streamlined skinny jeans, sharp blazers, basic tees, and soft cardigans remain constant on her blog and prove that simple quality pieces are the backbone of every great wardrobe.
-Many fashion bloggers out there are focused on having careers in fashion. While I would love to have a future in fashion myself, I find that having other interests makes a person more multi-dimensional. Aimee studies interior architecture which I think is amazing because it gives her another creative outlet other than the clothes on her back.

If you haven't come across her blog, you should most definitely check it out. I've posted the link to it where I named it above. Thank you all for showing interest in my weekly tradition!

Rach:]

15 comments:

  1. hi there! i just found your blog here and i am loving it! i've seen your sketches before, i can't remember on who's blogs, but they are great! have you had training in fashion illustration? i love to draw my own as well, but i'm not nearly as good as you! do you have any secrets you could share with me? :)
    here's a link to a few of mine in case you want to gloat about how much better yours are :P
    http://www.beautybag411.com/2010/06/fashion-illustrations-by-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee is one of my favorites. Not only is she a fellow San Franciscan, she totally inspires me with all her sky-high platforms and perfectly tousled wavy hair!

    UGH, how do you get the proportions on these drawings so perfect?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like the sketches, like her blog too actually. Sorry I didn't call tonight went over to chris mom's house and ended up staying the nite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your illustrations are beautiful as usual, I love em, can't wait to see more!

    I adore her style, I haven't been following her blog quite as long as you, perhaps the last six months - and I definately agree. She has the best basics! x

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't answer you before because I went on holiday! Thanks so much for your comments, they always make me so happy! :)

    btw, I am in love with your drawings!!

    xoxo
    My Cherry Gum

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love her, her blog and style!! She is just so inspiring and adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these drawings are so amazing! Really love them, you have talent !!!!

    you've a new follower !

    ReplyDelete
  8. this scetches are fab! your so talented!!! loe song of style too! :D following you now...
    thank you for passing by and leaving your sweet comment! hope you will come back soon!
    xoxo
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. Your artwork is amazing.

    Enter my giveaway on my blog.
    www.Chanelcraves.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your drawings are amazing :) I hate to be un-original but please check out my blog:

    http://frivolousidentity.blogspot.com/

    And once again I love these pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your sketches and I love Song of Style it's a great blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Song of style:)
    and your sketches are really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi gorgeous! You make me speechless with this drawings, I love them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOW AMAZING! very beautiful! can I follow you with google friend connect?

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach