Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cherry Bomb

Photobucket
When cherries went on sale at my local grocery store back home, I just had to buy a couple pounds to make into a Cherry Pie. I found the recipe online [here] and immediately began making it when I got the chance. Instead of Brandon always doing all of the cooking, this time I am proud to say that I did most of the baking for this post. Yep, I set the camera down for once to cut and pit the cherries and to form the crust of the pie. Weaving the pastry strips for the wicker-like top was my favorite part! Perhaps my bad-dessert-making curse has been lifted.

I do realize that these food entries are a little random and seem out of place in this blog, but this is a visual blog about food as well as fashion, art, and animation. I get inspired to do posts like this by other food and fashion blogs such as Luxirare, Cupcakes and Cashmere, and Maison des Reveries. Here is hoping that maybe one day my food photography and outfit posts will be up to par with all them. A blogger can dream, right?

Rach:]

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. oh god I think my tummy just swallowed itself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yums!!!!!!!

    p.s. the pic in black and white with the orange flower is from my wedding day. we took or photos at a diner. and that's a pic of my bouquet :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for the comment! I love when people with great blogs like yours comment on mine. I will definitely be following your blog. Your artwork is amazing and I really like how you have everything organized here. Makes for a great look!

    <3 natale eve

    PS this pie looks to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delish. I miss cooking with you :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg. I luuuuurve cherries! Especially yummy cherry pie like in that photo! ;) I hope you have a fab weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there Rachel,
    Just read you're from the ATX? please come to the next fashion blogger's lunch!!!! :) Indiana of Adored Austin frequents too! Please??

    -Diya

    ReplyDelete
  7. omigosh the pie looks delish :) new follower here, i saw your work on fashionchalet and some other blogs. you're very talented! i would love to have some sketches done by you if you want to and have the time. please visit my blog if you get a chance. cheers! :)suzy

    http://beneaththeglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i think a food entry is always appropriate...especially when it's dessert! thanks for sharing!
    xox alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW you have some talent to be able to make that one :)
    loving the blog
    great posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am seriously drooling now. And ps you don't need to explain anything you put on your blog because it's--your blog. Unless you posted an entry about crocs. Then I might question your intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, this looks delicious!! I've just send you an e-mail with photos to help you with the header.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach