Thursday, July 8, 2010

Leopard Stripes


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
[Leather jacket, Black T-shirt-Target. Denim cutoffs- thrifted. Black pumps- Alfani. Gold chain necklace- Forever21. Leopard stripe bowler hat- borrowed.]

Do you ever get in one of those ruts? I mean like ruts in your appearance? You know, when you hate your hair, you're bored with all your clothes, and you're just dying to try something new? Well that is the feeling that I've been having for quite sometime now, hence the lack of outfit posts. With school taking up most of my time and family matters weighing in on my mind frequently, I haven't been putting much thought into my looks as of late. Not to say, that I have let myself go in anyway at all. I'm just feeling a little out of sorts.

I have a theory that we all go through life transitioning through different stages and situations. Sometimes we reach a period when we feel completely comfortable in our own skin and nothing seems to get us down. But then slowly we slide away from it and get into a rut. A boring, frustrating, tiring rut.

So I am going to dig myself out of it. Honestly I don't think that getting a haircut or buying new clothes will help me any. I am pretty sure that this is all a mental thing. To all of you out there who know what I'm talking about, we've all got to get up and move on. Change the way our minds think, look on the positive side of life, and keep our chins held high. I'm pretty sure I just spewed like 20 cliches, but you know what I mean. So here's to getting out of this rut. Starting today.

These are the last outfit photos that I got Dee to take for me. I know its been a dry spell for outfit posts here on Visual Basic, but hopefully after this rut has been kicked there will be more. So be patient with me fashion blog readers, the fashion element of this blog will be fully revived soon.

Rach:]

10 comments:

  1. Cool hat (:

    http://cupcakesarefashion.blogspot.com/

    XOXO, C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great here girl! My summer uniform has consisted of pretty much the same- cutoffs and a black tee or tank with a hat!
    Most of my ruts happen during the school year when i'm usually stressed and don't like not being in control and I have the urge to change everything!
    they come and go...hang in there, you're doing great! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. it may be simple but it works! it's casual, light and summery. i think you look perfect :-) if i'm ever in a rut, i put on the most ridiculous thing i own and walk around. it helps, plus it may get a giggle. smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again :D.
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Im looking forward to seeing some more sketches! P.s Im in love with this hat haha x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in love with your sketches, they're amazing, like you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally know what you mean. I think its important to have these short little down periods. They keep us grounded, and ultimately make us stronger when we finally figure out how to dig our way out of them. Yah, a bunch of cliches again, but hey, it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this outfit - very casual but tough. the hat is super stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmm lvoe love love your bloggers sketch!! and your blof
    you've got to give us a close up on that hat of your, it looks amazing!
    was planing on studding a bowler hat aswell....im just to lazey

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hat like rocks and it was only a dollar <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach