Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [A Cup of Style]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hey there! Its Sunday so normally I post a few rough sketches of a blogger. This week however, I'm taking a break to show you a recent header illustration I did for Lucy and her adorable blog, A Cup of Style, which is located in Prague.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-All the photos from Lucy's travels make me envious. All the great places in Europe she sees has got me desperately wanting to escape Texas. That and the god awful heat here. The closest I've ever been to the Czech Republic is probably the little Czech bakery in Waco that I always stop at on the way home. Kinda sad.
-Any blog with a little DIY is a winner in my book. I really hope Lucy continues to add to the shredded t-shirt and studded vest posts she currently has.
-If you saw her previous layout, you would have seen that I shamelessly ripped off the idea of using topic buttons on the left column for my own blog. When I first saw it I knew it would be a great tool to help organize my posts and make my blog easier to navigate. Hope she doesn't mind the layout imitation, its just such a good set up.

I get really happy seeing the header I made at the top of her blog. The header is an illustration of Lucy in a tea cup surrounded by shoes and purses to go with the title of her blog, A Cup of Style. For the design she sent me an idea of how she wanted it to look and I just added a few touches such as the sugar spoon and the title's font. The illustration I drew for this is what my normal cleaned up and inked work looks like. I sketched it out with pencil before hand and then inked it in with a micron pen. The normal blogger sketches seen before here are done with a ballpoint pen alone.

It was really fun to create a blogger header like this, so I've decided to start taking commissions. If you've got an idea for a header you'd like for your blog, feel free to email me and request one. I can create a sketchy look like my normal blogger sketches, a more polished look like Lucy's header here, or a computer illustration like the header I made for myself is. My header is a tablet drawn version from a real photo of myself. If you are itching for a new header email me at rachel_nhan@yahoo.com
Thanks for reading!
Rach:]

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous sketches girl! Love your style as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this illustration!! You are so talented it is insane! xx

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your drawings! And you have great style:))
    Tnx for dropping on my blog
    I'm following now,if u want follow me,too:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! This is how I found your blog and I was totally going to ask you to do one! And I have a good idea too! :D
    I'll be emailing!
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That header is absolutely fantastic, I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are amazing. very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these illustrations! I actually just love your style of drawing period. You should consider opening an etsy store and selling some of your prints!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful!!:)
    you are really very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow amazing sketches!! you're very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cool sketch. I love seeing bloggers being sketched. Hope someday I get one.

    THat teacup is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE those sketches you've drawn up! So creative! I'd love for you to do one for me one day :) I hope you'll stop by my blog again soon!

    http://bit.ly/pancakestacker

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey just stumbled upon your blog and I absolutly enjoy your illustrations! These, specifically are cute and quirky. Loves it, I will definatly be coming back for more!

    -Stephen Pham
    http://itsgoodtobepham.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is so so beautiful Rach. Someday, hopefully I'll be able to ask you to grace the top of my humble blog with your beautiful work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is wonderful! I love your blog!

    thetwiggy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG... I WANT ONE TOO
    YOU ARE AMAZING, I LOVE IT.

    CHECK OUT MY BLOG RULYMUSE.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  16. super amazing banner! now i want one too! But i need to revamp my layout first before debuting a new banner. Will get back to you :D

    Have I told you how talented you are? :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really great illustration.

    www.alamodedemindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach