Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Gala Darling]




Hey bloggers! Welcome to the Sixteenth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday. Each week I like to post a few sketches of bloggers who inspire me. This week's post features Gala of Gala Darling, whose blog is one of the most unique blogs I've come across in a really long time.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-Gala is like the ultra edgy cyberpunk girl who grew up to be the kickass pin-up version of Carrie Bradshaw. I love the way this blogger writes. And she addresses issues that I think about all the time in much better wording than my scattered brain can put together. Her idea of Radical Self Love is captivating. I love her drive to spread the word that every girl needs to love and respect herself. Gala Darling is just the blog I want to read when I'm feeling a little lost. She's made me realize that yes, I want it all, and that's okay.
-When other girls were worshiping Abercrombie clad Queen B's in high school, I wanted to be like girls such as Gala. I used to love that crazy neon hair, the tattoos, and the insane makeup. Sadly my conservative upbringing kept this version of me from becoming a reality until I just outgrew the stage. But I hadn't seen any of these girls on the blogging map until I came across Gala. She makes me want revert and go out and grab a bottle of purple hair dye and a black glitter top hat to go with it.
-Gala's style is MINDBLOWING. I mean like really. Shes a collision between a retro pin-up icon, a Japanese fruits girl, a 50's housewife, and a Parisian princess. From the pink sparkly Louboutins, to the pink Balenciaga motorcycle bag, to the pink Betsey Johnson frocks. Gala doesn't shy away from girly pieces, but somehow finds a way to incorporate them into a tough girl look. I love that she knows what she loves and fearlessly embraces it.

If you haven't seen her blog, you need to check it out. I've located the link where I first named the blog above!


And on the school front ...

This week as been so hectic! Our digital models were due in my animation studio. I pulled an all-nighter for these little piggys. Hope you watch and like!


  1. Wow she has such great style!! :D
    And that project is great!!! :D :D Way better than all my 3D design junk, haha

  2. Great drawings and I can't imaging how you made those animations in your video but they were SO great, amazing and cute! Hope you get a very nice grade on them :)

  3. I always love your Sunday Sketches. They're so fun to look at and I get to see lovely bloggers with great fashion sense. I just noticed that you like the Van Gogh painting of the Cafe. That's the same painting that inspires me :D Love your blog!!

  4. Hey! I just discovered your blog and I love it!

    I'm following your blog and I hope you will follow mine too!


  5. Thanks to your blog found another blog!! :) ...and I love illustrations and sketches and those are gorgeous!!

  6. P.S. Also having a two winner ends on the 16th of october though!

  7. Nah, it's easy commenting on your blog, always something fun and interesting :D

  8. like? i just love it (: great work,

  9. wow i love those drawingsss u got too much talent!


  10. WOw, that is f'ing rad. I'll never understand how computers are able to translate organic, abstract ideas and into these completely exact 3d models. I guess it's all in the hand of the artist even though it's all virtual.


Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]