Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [That's Chic]

thatschic4

thatschic2

thatschic3

Hey there and welcome to the Fifteenth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! This week's post features Raych of That's Chic whose blog is located in Orange County, CA.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-Raych's blog goes back quite a long ways. That's Chic has been running since way before the fashion blogger storm hit. I've sat down and gone quite far back into her blog archives. Its really interesting to see a blog evolve and take flight. I really feel as if she blogs for the sole enjoyment of it. Every time I'm on her blog, I feel like I can ignore the white noise of a billion other fashion blogs being created at that moment because her's proves that time, patience, and true passion win over all.
-This isn't the biggest reason I'm an avid reader of this blog, buts its something I have to mention right off the bat. I had been stopping by That's Chic for months before I noticed in a post she mentioned a blazer that had her initials on it. "RN" which also happen to be my initials. I always begin to associate bloggers with their blog's name and not their actual name. So it kind of startled me to finally catch on that Raych, whose whole name is Rachel Nguyen, not only has the same first name as me, but is of some of the same ethnicity. Having never met anyone of my own lineage with the same name, its kind of a funny random coincidence.
-I've never come across a blogger with style like Raych's. There is just something about those almost grandma-y vintage florals being edged up with black leather pieces that I really love. That bold leather and gold belt, the vintage Ralph Lauren blazer, and all of those cut out shoes. I love love love it. I feel like her style really doesn't fall a specific category. You can't really slap a label on it or picture all of her ensembles as one cohesive fashion show, which is a good thing. Raych just seems to wear whatever the hell she feels like wearing, how gloriously uninhibited is that?

So if you haven't ever come across her blog, you should most definitely go check it out. The link is located where I first named her blog.
Until next time bloggers!

Rach:]

***Temporary Lack of Photos***


Apparently I went over my bandwidth for Photobucket, so as you can see they've disabled my links. Hopefully these photos will be visible by next month, but until then please excuse the mess below. And I will be using Flickr to keep updating with new posts.
Thanks!

13 comments:

  1. Amazingg! you are so talented!!

    xx
    www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lOVEEEEE your sketches!!!!!
    I will love to sketch like you so I am practicing! ^____^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Raych's Blog It's so mesmerizing she definitely is an inspiring blogger, It goes to show it's always best to be your self that's what makes you stand out in the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you always do such a wonderful job with your sketches. You have so much talent!!!! Happy Sunday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg I love these pictures! Yay so does this mean we're both Rachel and vietnamese? Thanks so much for the drawings - the first one is my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOOOOVE as always! I love her blog too, she has such a great style! :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. BOOO on the exceeded bandwidth! I'm always afraid that's going to happen to me, so I periodically create a new email account and sign up for a new photobucket.

    Love ThatsChic as well. Her photographs are always so inspiring and well composed. Gorgeous drawings, as per usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so gorgeous. Love your work!

    http://www.stylethroughhereyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your work. Specially the secon picture.




    http://lefleurbleu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did I already say that I love your sketches? No? So: i love them all! You're great illustrator! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your sketches are pretty incredible, and the bloggers you do are incredibly lucky to have been selected by you :)

    I'm jealous.

    Would you be able to do something for my blog? (I understand if you can't, but I think these are great in their simplicity).

    If you're looking for a better service for uploading pictures, try Tinypic, they will let you create albums and it's a good alternative to photobucket.

    -Erica
    Classy and Delicious

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her blog as well and I adore your illustrations!!! If you'd ever run out of bloggers to draw (like that's possible :) I'd be very honored if you'd consider drawing me! :D
    Lovelovelove!!!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    xxx

    http://gypsy-diaries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach