Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Streetstyle Crush [Leighton Meester]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A while ago, I was considering doing a weekly fashion review of the looks seen on Gossip Girl after each episode aired on Mondays. After all, the fashion is my absolute favorite part of the show. How each character has their own style and how the clothes reflect their current place in life draws is really interesting. But while I was looking through on-the-set photos of the outfits on Gossip Girl, I came across a slew of behind-the-scenes photos of Leighton Meester and fell in LOVE with her streetstyle.

I have to say, I don't know much about Leighton the actress. To me she is Blair Waldorf and I forget that her personal style isn't prim and proper like our Queen B. Quite honestly, I really dislike Leighton's red carpet style. I feel like she's trying too hard to be edgy sometimes at major public events. The strange cutouts, the odd color combinations, and the overly done makeup, sometimes she really hits an off note.

But looking through these pictures taken while Leighton was arriving or leaving the set, her everyday style when she isn't trying at all is completely fabulous. I love that she has this laid back, well put together, non-prissy sense of style. She is definitely not Blair, but it works on her really well. I feel like her casual, yet polished style would be a perfect example to follow.

My main focuses on emulating her style:

-Clean cut, light weight, looser clothing. The button down dresses and the simple shirts she wears aren't skin tight, but they show enough of her form to look chic. Its the perfect tailored balance between super structured and effortlessly thrown on. [Here] is a similar gorgeous dress at JCrew.

-Strappy, edgy, chunky heels. The shoes Leighton wears have a sturdy heel and criss cross her feet with thicker straps of leather. There's not any dainty details here. Its all about adding a rougher touch to her look. [Here] is a sweet pair at Aldo.

-Well fitting skinny jeans. We can't all have slim legs like Leighton, but a good pair of skinnies can flatter anyone. She tends to work an army green cargo pair. I love the slim look they give her while still keeping that relaxed feel. [Here] is a cargo pant at Urban Outfitters.

-Drapey, soft, relaxed tops. The shirts she wears all look like they are made of the most comfortable sweatshirt material ever. But they are all cut perfectly so she doesn't look dowdy. They hang and drape, but are cropped and tight in all the right places. [Here] is a cute studded top at Forever21.

-Cats eye sunglasses. Or just over-sized sunglasses. Leighton rocks any pair that have a bold frame towards the outside of the lenses. All of her sunglasses are huge, but stay within a good size for her face. They also have heavy gradient tinting, which give her an extra ounce of glamour. [Here] is a great pair at Asos.

Hopefully these observations have helped you out too if you are as inspired by her style as I am. Thanks for reading!

Rach:]

9 comments:

  1. I totally agree! I just love her style. Great suggestions for emulating her style :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous, I love her style! :D
    I do agree, sometimes her red carpet looks are a bit much, but otherwise PERFECTION
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. she looks great in absolutely anything! bitch haha just kidding, i adore her outlook on life, not to mention her closet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all her shoes, they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her blouses a lot, she also has a great taste for shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit, I agree about her red carpet style and I had NO IDEA her street style was this bad ass!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love Leighton Meester! you have an amazing blog! Following you!! you me 2?

    xx

    www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about her red carpet style, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see these photos. I really love that outfit with the green sweater and denim cut-offs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach