Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Mode Junkie]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hello Hello Hello! Its the Nineteenth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! Every week I like to post up a few ballpoint pen doodles of fashion bloggers who inspire me. This week's edition features a Philippine blogger who lives in Germany, Mode Junkie!

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-This girl has some amazing world experiences. I love reading her profile description. In a few sentences she pretty much sums up the crazy unpredictability that is life. I love the positive outlook she has on taking chances and learning from everything that happens. Picking up your bags and moving to Germany like that is pretty gutsy and I admire her courage.
-The background of her photos always accentuate her amazing outfits and adds interest. That yellow striped truck dock looks like the perfect backdrop. Also, as a student who will be studying in Germany next semester myself, I'm super excited to get a sneak peak of what the environment is like over there in Deutschland.
-Mode Junkie is a blogger with a style that has a flair for the dramatic. Its all about the bold shapes and tough details. She tends to work a look that involves a large oversized jacket/top/cape with tights or shorts. I really like that she balances the proportions of her clothes so well. Her look is stylish and on trend, without looking like she mugged a mannequin at the mall. Her style is amazing. If this is what Germans dress like I really need to up my game before I get over there.

So if you've never come across her blog, you should most definitely check it out. An entry in my giveaway suggested this blog to me, but I've actually been a reader of Mode Junkie for over a year now. Thanks for reminding me though of this awesome blog!

DON'T FORGET TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!!!

No following or pimping my blog required!
Just tell me about a blog you love that I should feature here on Blogger Sketch Sunday!

Comment it on the post below
Thanks again guys!

Rach:]

15 comments:

  1. once again gorgeous sketches!! I love her blog too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently found a blog that I love and I think you should definitely do a sketch about her. Its http://olympias-blog.blogspot.com/. She has a fun and quirky style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so gorgeous. I love her blog and i love yours too!!!!!

    http://pretaporterbyannie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I look forward to your Sketch Sundays! I'm so jealous of your art skills! LoL.

    I think you should feature http://www.xppinkxx.com/. She does feature outfits but she pretty much blogs about everything. She's got this edgy/dominatrix vibe but also very feminine. She's pretty much awesome and has a personality to match too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh love these and great blog too, I'll have to follow her !! :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so talented!
    come follow, I am already a follower of yours!

    xx
    www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Mode Junkie the way she wears clothes is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sketches so much! How did you learn to sketch? I'm taking a fashion illustration class right now, and hopefully I'll be able to draw like you can! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous sketches. . love looking at your work

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recognize the shoes she's wearing in the first drawing! They were on sale at ASOS and I debated buying them for ages. Now I'm kicking myself for missing out. I'll go check out her blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love her style so much!

    Thanks for featuring her, you are so talented! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You always have the most beautiful sketches!! one of the blogs I really like is: http://thischicksgotstyle.blogspot.com - she's always got the most perfect hair and looks totally chic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! your drawings are just AWESOME!
    luv + follow you :)
    http://fashionswing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for the sketches again hun! ;) i think these drawings are really me. LOL

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just found your blog! You are so gifted! Your sketches are just so lovely! Well done xxx

    www.fashiondevotion.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach