Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Style Forecasts]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey there, its the Twentieth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! This week's post features Jackie of Style Forecasts who commissioned a blogger header from me. I loved the title of her blog and decided to take a literal interpretation of it for her header.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-Jackie is a fellow Texan! Her blog hails from Midland, which is an escape from busy cities and structured suburbs. This town is literally in the middle of no where and has flat plains as far as the eye can see. Jackie uses the landscape to an advantage and uses it as the perfect backdrop to her photos.
-Her vintage finds are fabulous. I love the satchel bag and long printed skirt she wore in a recent post. I love seeing other people's treasures they have discovered and anticipate many more wonderful finds from her.
-She really reminds me of a girl I used to work with when I worked in the mall. I loved this girl's hair and Jackie's as well. Always well styled and full of body, her hair is amazing. Lets hear it for all the thick haired brunettes out there :]

So for her blogger header, she let me have creative license to do whatever I though would work for her blog. I decided on having an illustrated figure of her holding an umbrella with the title of her blog 'Style Forecasts' raining down on her. The letters represent raindrops pouring down and bouncing off her umbrella. I really liked the look that the letters in combination with the hand inked drawing created.

I am rather bogged down with school recently, so any new blogger header commissions will have to wait. I would still love to hear from you if you are interested in commissioning me but we will have to wait until my workload lessens to start. We can still bounce back and forth ideas if you are unsure what you want. Don't be afraid to hit me up, but know that it may take a while until I begin.

Thanks
Rach:]




14 comments:

  1. Love that blogger header! Such a creative interpretation of her blog title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! Love this!!! I love what you did with the blog title, soo cool :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! is wonderful!!

    kisses
    AzaharaJS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wauwww! could you draw a couple of my looks? That would be so awesome!

    xx
    www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, love the sketch!

    xoxo,
    MissAnnnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love her blog! And.. I love the fantastic job you did on the header xx

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww...thank you Rachel. You are so sweet. I love it so much and get great compliments. Thank you for the feature on your blog. I look forward to working with you more in the future.

    Jackie
    www.styleforecasts.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you drawing style, and the typography is playful but clean. I dig it.

    Thanks for sharing other blogs with us too. It's fun to see what other people read.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so talented!! I had been wondering where Closet Fashionista got her header and then I saw the note along her side bar. Seriously great!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my god!! you are so talented! i wish i could do this half as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is amazing! you are so talented. good luck catching up with your schoolwork!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach