Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Cinderella Story

I am super excited right now because tomorrow, we are learning how to use the color print darkroom in my photography class. It brings back memories of the black and white film photography class I took a while back. There is something to film photography that digital photography lacks. Film photographs just look so much deeper and sharper. They have this special feel to them. When you manage to get the perfect image after hours and hours developing, exposing, and printing, its the best feeling in the world. All of the hard work and patience is worth it in the end.

One summer I decided to do a series of photographs on the theme of Urban Fairytales. Basically I wanted to bring the most iconic stories to life in the modern world. Perhaps its my inner hopeless romantic coming out in this project, who wants to tell everyone that yes, fairytales do happen, even today among the most everyday circumstances. A Cinderella story can happen in a grocery store. Snow White's tale could take place in a fast food joint. And a Sleeping Beauty could get her true love's first kiss in a laundromat.

Above all, this project is dedicated to all you girls out there who have been wronged by love, jaded by past relationships, or have lost hope in a happily ever after. Stay strong ladies and carry on. A fairytale could happen when you least expect it. So stop waiting and take care of yourself above all. What happens will happen, but only if you let it.

Rach:]

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cinderella Series
Shoot location: Tom Thumb
Model: Marissa



Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Snow White Series
Shoot location: McDonald's
Model: Dee


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Sleeping Beauty Series
Shoot location: Quik Wash
Models: Katia and Michael


6 comments:

  1. How fun!!! I love these, sooo cute :D Sleeping Beauty is my favorite :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so charming. i love the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a super cute idea! Love it! I take it you couldn't get anyone to kiss a frog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahwww great photoo's!

    xx

    www.fashionrnbw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is SO cute! <3
    luv,
    http://www.fashionswing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach