Wednesday, October 6, 2010

La Panaderia

Last week, my color photography class had a photo college assignment. Our goal was to create a large composition from individual "4x"6 prints. I chose to base my project on the feeling you get when trying to choose a sweet at a bakery shop. The close ups and wider shots imitate the act of inspecting pastries before settling on one (or a few, if you're me) to buy. There aren't any good bakeries that I know of in College Station so I decided to go to a Mexican Panaderia instead. Which turned out to be awesome because with the help of a Spanish speaking friend, I got to take photos of the sweets from the other side of the case where there wasn't any glass to hinder me. All of these are a few of my favorite individual shots and I will post my project as a whole later. I love the bright colors and interesting textures of Mexican pastries. This assignment was major fun!

Rach:]

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. These pictures are not only gorgeous, but mouth-watering. You did such a great job with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos! My mouth is watering *_*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I could eat the shit out of some Mexican pastries right now--but I think that's just my late night munchies talking.

    Can't wait to see your finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous! The compositions are perfect and the lighting makes the pictures. What type of lense do you use? I need to invest in a lense that can allow me to get close up shots like this. I miss my macro lense :) Love your blog!
    beijos-Tiffany-http://imashoewhore.blogspot.com

    PS-think maybe you should watermark your photos to protect them from slimy people out there? I've started to do a few of mine, but it does take alot of time. Just a thought that someone passed on to me a while ago when I posted some of my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the sprinkles look so amazingly tasty..

    ReplyDelete
  6. those looks extremely delicious. I love it a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm, yum!!! These all look delicious, and the photography is wonderful, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach