Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [In Her Stilettos]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hey there bloggers! Its the Twenty-fourth edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! Every week I like to post a few ballpoint pen sketches of bloggers who inspire me. This week's edition features Diya from In Her Stilettos whose blog is located in Austin, TX.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-If I were to describe this blogger's style, I'd say she's a ballerina gone rock'n roll with a love for luxurious textures and vintage patterns. Diya's style is all her own. She stands by her choice of dress and what's more awesome than that? I completely agree with her philosophy that you should be able to dress however you please no matter where you are going, even if you're just going to the grocery store.
-Her outfits are all about TEXTURE TEXTURE TEXTURE. Fur vests, ruffled jackets, lace tights, patent leather, chain fringe, ruched skirts, tweed jackets, beaded tops, brocade blazers, and velveteen coats. She's got it all and she's not afraid to use them. In combination or just emphasizing one piece at a time, Diya's wardrobe is all about the texture. The different feels give her ensembles depth and add stunning visual interest.
-She's a great vintage find hunter. I love seeing other bloggers' thrifted treasures and Diya always seems to have a few good ones. From classic blazers to chunky boots to eye-catching belts, her finds always add a unique touch to her look. Reading her about her great finds makes me nostalgic for the amazing thrift shops of Austin.

So if you've never seen her blog, go check it out for yourself! The link is located where I named her blog above.

Rach:]

24 comments:

  1. I love Diya! These sketches are fantastic, lovelovelove :) You're so talented <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhhh this is SO amazing and such an honor since I've been STALKING your blogger sketch series for a couple months now!!!! I just posted it on my fb personal account and prbly also my fb page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I adore your illustration. It's stilizes yet realistic in proportion.
    Btw, I enjoyed reading your profile...

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't help being impressed every time again and again by seeing your drawings!
    I seriously am in love with all of them, piece by piece ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww..lovely! <3

    luv,
    www.fashionswing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your illustrations are absolutely amazing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sketches captures diya's essence perfectly. :) Every single word you said is so true.

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooohhh so pretty! I like!!

    kisses
    AzaharaJS

    ReplyDelete
  9. THOSE DRAWINGS ARE TOOO DIE FOR! I'd buy them if they were drawn on canvas at an art gallery! I'm sooo following you, because I can't get enough of those drawings. I guess you know who's gonna be reading your blog every sundays. Check my blog too. Hopefully it's good enough for you to follow back :)

    BROKEFASHIONJUNKIE

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sketches , I found her blog to be so nice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay, thanks for sharing! i'm from texas (i'm not one of those super proud texans, but i can relate). and i'm curious about her blog! so... here i go to check it out! (:

    great sketches

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always look forward to these posts, they're my faves! I hadn't heard of her blog before but I'll definitely be checking it out now xx

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great sketches! Great blog :) This is an awesome thing that you do xoxo

    www.pink-stilettos.info

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sketches are so lovely! I give you props you have talent! :)

    ♥lasenoritadaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! Really talented!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thanks so much for featuring Diya! i've found another beautiful blogger to follow! :)

    and these sketches are gorgeous. you have amazing skills!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just discovered your blog. I think I'll keep hanging around here for a while! Love the illustrations!
    brunetteblogging.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous sketches as always!!!

    bubbs

    www.paris-on-my-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your drawing style!

    scarlettswonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach