11.07.2010

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Mon-o-chro-ma-chic]


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket
Hey everybody! Its the Twenty-second edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! Every week I like to post a few ballpoint pen sketches of bloggers who inspire me. This week's post features Kristy of Monochoma.chic whose blog hails from Toronto, Canada.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-Kristy's style is a balance between lady-like grace and sharp menswear with a little youthful punky edge. Her outfits usually consist of girly A-line knee length skirts, high waisted trouser pants, and sleek trench coats and blazers. Nothing fits too tight on her, but she cinches it all with belts and high waist-lines.
-Most of the items in her wardrobe tend to be neutrals with the exception of a few bold purple or red pieces. Gray skinny jeans, beige trench coats, and white loose blouses. Everything seems to be made of airy linen or cotton materials and they all come together seamlessly in each outfit.
-All of the proceeds from her blog shop go to help tsunami and volcano victims in Indonesia. Its nice to see a blog functioning to help a cause. It inspires me to figure out how to help the world in my own way.


Whew, can you believe that I'm on week Twenty-two of these blogger sketches?! When I make it to week Twenty-six, we have to have a blog celebration. Thats half of a year of weekly drawings! Perhaps I'll take the week off and sleep on Sunday. Just kidding... or not.
Rach:]


10 comments

  1. Oooh yes yes! I LOOOVE her style!!! :D Great sketches as always :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always look forward to these! I find a new blog to love each time :) Great sketches as usual!

    http://pancakestacker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great drawings, she has such a great style ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! I thought these were some professional sketches, wow!!! I found your blog via Kendi btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rach!!!! Thanks so much! I'm so honored :D:D:D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog through Kendi's remixer link, I'm participating in the challenge also. I just have to say how amazing this is! I LOVE the idea of sketching an inspirational blogger. You've got tons of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw these on Kristy's blog and they are AMAZING! You are so talented! Really gorgeous sketches, and such a fun blog feature!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rach,

    I just came here from Kristy's blog and I have to say your work is amazing. I am a new reader and still getting a feel of your posts. Love many things especially the flower crown in the previous post.

    Love from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had meant to comment earlier that I love the photography but now I'm just as impressed by the drawings! These are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach