Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Greg and Hiroko

Photobucket
Hey there bloggers! A little over a month ago I mentioned that I was hired as a photographer for a wedding here in College Station. I thought I would post the photos that I took for the awesome couple that allowed me to have this great opportunity.

Greg and Hiroko had a small ceremony in the All Faiths Chapel and a reception in Rudder Tower afterwards on Texas A&M's campus. Their wedding was the most thoughtful and unique wedding I have ever attended. This couple likes to do things their own way, and I absolutely love that. I've probably been to over 20 weddings in my lifetime, but none of them have had beautiful decor made from origami roses that the bride made herself, the cutest Q&A cards that made up the guest book, or such creative dishes on the menu served at the reception.

Overall it was a really positive experience for me. I really hope to get better at photography and start my own wedding photography business on the side one day. Even though I've been through a black and white film photography class, an advanced color film photography class, a photojournalism class, and have worked as a staff photographer for a newspaper, I still find myself feeling like an amateur. There is just so much knowledge and experience to gain about photography. I feel so inspired when I see wedding photography by Style.ish on her blog or by Andrew Chan who shot Tramanh of Phi Style's wedding. Getting that good takes time and patience. Perhaps one day I'll get to that point in skill and then I'll buy myself something fancier than a Canon Rebel. Someday.
Rach:]


The Ceremony
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The Reception
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Bride&Groom
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Help me start my new endeavor, 'Like' Rachel Nhan Photography on Facebook!
Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I think you are very talented even with your photography:) These shots look pretty awesome to me so...congrats to you and congrats to them!

    ♥ kisses ♥

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rach- these pictures are BEAUTIFUL. You would do SO well if you started this on the side! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think you did great ! i can def feel the love projected from them to the image.
    simplyblanca.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow beautiful pictures really!!
    I will follow! I am from Prague:) I will join the 30 x 30 challenge. You can see my blog;)http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach