Thursday, December 9, 2010

This Little Piggy



Hey guys! Here it is, my final animation that I've been prattling on about working on for a while. Our assignment was to create a 30 second animation that was a spin on a common nursery rhyme. I choose the rhyme "This Little Piggy", which if you can't recall exactly, goes like this:

This little piggy went to market,
This little piggy stayed at home,
This little piggy had roast beef,
This little piggy had none.
And this little piggy went...
"Wee wee wee" all the way home...

So when I was a child, I remember being told this rhyme to count the toes on my feet. Each piggy is one of 5 toes and each line refers to one of the 5 pigs. For my spin on the rhyme, I decided to make the story about only 2 pigs. A rich and snooty pig named Maurice and a poor and sad pig named Joe. Each line switches back and forth to refer to either Maurice or Joe.

"This little piggy went to the market" -refers to Maurice leaving a store with shopping bags.
"This little piggy stayed home" -refers to Joe being bored at home watching TV.
"This little piggy had roast beef" -refers to Maurice dining out at a fancy restaurant.
"This little piggy had none" -refers to Joe having nothing to eat but ramen noodles.
"And this little piggy went 'Weee weee weee!' all the way home" -refers to a slightly tipsy Maurice chilling out in the back of his limo. And then revealing that Joe is his limo driver.

Hopefully, that is somewhat clear without me having to explain all of it. I really wasn't quite sure if I did a good job portraying it all in 30 seconds. The project was heavily stressful and frustrating most of the time, but I certainly learned a lot and got a lot of experience out of this. I dare say this is probably my most professional looking work to date. So I must give thanks to my 2 professors, the Department of Visualization at Texas A&M University, and those specific classmates of mine who had to deal with me constantly bombarding them with questions all semester long.

I'd love to hear your opinion, so please take the time to watch my 2 little piggys! Their 15 minutes of fame only lasts 30 seconds! Below are still frames from the animation too.
Thanks!
Rach:]

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! It came out amazing!!! Great job!!!! :D :D
    My 3D stuff was all garbage...this is 100000000 times better than any of my stuff :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! You are super talented! Great creative concept for "this lil piggy..."

    bubbs...

    www.paris-on-my-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so great! I'm super impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, this video is fantastic!! i'm so super impressed. you have serious skills woman!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you are amazing...First the sketches, now this.I'm speechless, really i don't know what to say to show my apreciation for your talent!
    Just...AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww haha i really like it! good idea with the little piggy song

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whattttttt! You're so talented! Love the piggy song!! Hahaha!

    xo
    Sands

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so so cute! I love it!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny !

    I hope you will visit my blog (:
    xoxoxo
    http://dream-of-liberty-vintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun and I love your spin on it!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach