Sunday, February 20, 2011

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Atlantic-Pacific]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hey bloggers! Its the Thirty-first edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday! This week's post features Bee of Atlantic-Pacific, whose blog hails from San Francisco, CA.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-This blogger knows that hair and accessories make the outfit. She'll put on well-fitted basics and then take her look to a whole other level with a bouffant up-do or a chic super-high bun. Then she tops it all off with retro sunglasses and statement jewelry. Bold gold chains, chunky bangles, and sparkly rhinestones don't look tacky on Bee because she has accessorizing down to an art. Despite having such attention grabbing accessories, they never clash and she never looks tacky because of how she styles them.
-Speaking of her hairstyles, I have some serious hair envy of this lady. Seriously. As someone who has just lived with the natural waves hairstyle her whole life because her hair is just too crazy to try to control, I love how polished Bee's hair-do's look. I wish I could pull off such teased heights and sleek strands with everyday ease. She needs to start posting some hair tutorials or something, because I would be an avid learner.
-I feel like Bee has a really good hold of fashion history. I mean sometimes, fashionistas get too wrapped up in the current trendiest things and their looks get confusing. But Bee is pretty organized in her fashionable decades. She knows the 50's retro chic from the 60's bold mod from the 70's hippie flair. Her outfits always pull from stylish previous decades without looking dated or costumey.

If you've never checked out her blog, you need to! I've posted the link to it where I first named her blog above.

Can you believe it? A Blogger Sketch Sunday that is actually on time on a Sunday? Three cheers for a free day from school this week that allowed me to have more sketching time. My goal is to have at least 52 editions of Blogger Sketch Sunday. That way it will be a full year of 3 sketches a week for 52 weeks. I think it'd be a great personal achievement for myself and I will have a huge recap of all 52 bloggers that I have featured and probably a little celebration for myself. So here is to 21 more editions of Blogger Sketch Sunday to come!

Rach:]

18 comments:

  1. I love looking at your weekly sketches, so yes more to come would be great! Love these, and I shall defo take a look at her blog:) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really are the most talented person i've ever seen:) Amazing drawings, amazing girl and amazing style! Gorgeous choice, my dear:)

    ♥ kisses ♥

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekly sketches are AMAZING. Good luck on reaching your 52 Sketch goal! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these sketches. I'll definitely check out her blog. You always have good taste. As for your 52 sketches a year goal, go for it. That said I know how hard it can be to make the time to be creative regularly as life does tend to get in the way at times so it's an ambitious goal. But I'll bet you can do it. It doesn't matter if it's at the same time each week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous as always!! :D She really does know how to work accessories, I STINK with them
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to your Sketch Sunday! Beautiful as always, I'm off to have a look at Bee's blog now :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah! If I'm ever one of your blogger sketch sundays, my blogging life would be happy for like a year. haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you SO SO MUCH for the feature- your work is truly amazing. Cannot wait to see more of your work...
    Love!
    BEE

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an absolute genius! I have never seen artistry like this before. Truly inspirational sketches.

    www.thegiftofgab-gabby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I hope you do reach your goal because I seriously look forward to these every week. I never visited this blog before, but after seeing the sketches and perusing a few of her looks, I'm completely obsessed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you chose Bee for your feature! She is my favorite, favorite!! Your sketches are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AMAZING! Love her blog and the sketches you did are phenomenal! You're an amazing artist!

    xx

    e.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, these sketches look sooo good! i want to be able to do that too..

    xo
    http://vanillacoloredmoons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your sketches, they are really good! I hope you continue to expand your skills. You should totally check out this blog. It's one of my favorites!

    http://troprouge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are truly an amazing and talented artist. I am absolutely in awe of your drawings! Looking forward to seeing more! xo Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. great sketches i always love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WAO! These sketches are AMAZING!! You are so talented!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love the strokes of your work, came across Closet Fashionista..you're talented w/ all the photography skills too!!=)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach