Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blogger Sketch Sunday [Style is Style]

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Hello bloggers! Welcome to the Thirty-second edition of Blogger Sketch Sunday. This week's post features Lydia of Style is Style whose blog is located in Vancouver, Canada.

3 Reasons I love this blog:
-I love bloggers who incorporate many vintage finds into their wardrobe. Lydia works thrifted dresses like no else can. On the hanger, the floral prints, lace appliqués, and bedazzlement may be intimidating, but she wears them in a way that never ceases to look stylish and well put together. Her vintage leather bags and cute headpieces and a quirky cute touch to all her outfits.
-I always enjoy the fashion inspiration posts Lydia posts. She gathers many street style pictures, magazine photo shoots, and outfits of other bloggers that always draw in my attention. Perhaps she just has a great eye for collecting them, because many of the photos in my style inspiration folder come from her posts.
-If a 50's housewife read The Sartorialist 60 years ago, her style would be Lydia's. This blogger's fashion sense combines full high waisted skirts and traditional blouses with street style savvy jackets, collars, and turbans. She pulls off daring trends without fear.

So if you've never come across her blog, you need to go check it out! I've posted the link to it where I first named her blog above.


COMMISSIONS NOTICE
Sorry again to the people who have sent me emails about commissioning an artwork from me. I am waiting on a few previous clients who have commissioned me to start wrapping up. When I get completely finished with these, I plan to post the artwork I've done and reply to all of the emails I have received.

Thanks!
Rach:]

14 comments:

  1. wow!!! her blog is so cool! thanks for sharing!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. always so wonderful

    kisses
    AzaharaJS

    ReplyDelete
  3. great description & illustrations of lydia dvyrling <3

    KeepItFvncy,
    M.E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO COOL! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will be posting about you tomorrow, AMAZING! I'm blushing over here, you're too kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing!!! Your artwork is always the BEST!!

    Prissy
    www.rushourfashoin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love these! Lydia has such cute style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lydia! I agree, she has such a great command of vintage and cutting-edge trends! Great sketches too, what a good idea. This is a fun blog, I'm following you now!
    M xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i love your artwork :D wanna have such a great picture :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've admired your artwork for quite a bit and your still hitting it out of the park! You did a great job of capturing the essence of Lydia (her blog is to die for too!).

    http://offbyheartstyle.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing illustrations. You've got some talent!!!

    http://style-palate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing sketches! love this post, just so cool. ive never seen your blog before but i love itt <3 so cool
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your shit is fucking amazing.

    I try not to swear, but seriously.

    - richelle
    www.rarepersona.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love these sketches! Thanks for the tip. Have a great weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach