Thursday, February 17, 2011

Music and Recap

Photobucket

Alright so to be honest I haven't really done much traveling lately worthy enough of a blog post. I mean other than a random night out to see Young the Giant play in Cologne that I went on a whim to, I haven't really been up to much. Sounds boring I know, but its been giving me time to organize my blog so keep on the look out for a blog re-boot pretty soon.

Seeing Young the Giant was a pretty crazy because we got to stand pretty much right in front of the stage. Since no one else in the German club was really keen on seeing them, it was super easy to get close up. After they finished playing, me and 4 of my friends from class ran into them outside. They actually started up a conversation with us and one of the members later got us a round of beers. Of course I realize that they were probably just keen on us because we were the only Americans in attendance and due to some flirtation (although not really on my part). And to be honest I'd never heard of them ever in my life 24 hours before I met them. I'll credit getting to see such a awesome show to my friends with much better music taste than I.

I've never really been one to brag about my music tastes because I personally don't think I have that exquisite of preferences. If you asked me what my favorite 3 bands are I'd have to say the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Ratatat, and Breaking Benjamin. But that said, you'll also find guilty pleasures such as Lady Gaga's Poker Face and Cobra Starship's Hot Mess on my ipod too. And yes if you barge in on me in my room unexpectedly, I will be singing Teenage Dream by Katy Perry. Any respectable music I listen to must be credited to my friends in Austin. Although recently I've been listening to Damien Rice, The Black Keys, and Adele. Going through a phase I suppose.

Any who. All of the photos in this post are not my own. My roommate Amy finally got her computer and was able to upload all of the photos she took from our previous excursions. I figured I'd steal a few to show you some awesome pictures taken by her and a few of myself since I've been slacking on taking photos of myself since coming here. So here is basically a recap of my time in Germany so far; including the town of Bonn, a few of Cologne, and some from Amsterdam.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
This photo is actually stolen from Stephanie. Thanks for capturing me acting like a complete ham. Interesting fact, the artwork behind me is actually made of caviar stuck to a canvas.

Photobucket
Another photo stolen from Stephanie. Its us at Fiddler's for a Pub Trivia night. Our team placed 7th. Not bad for not being able to understand questions in a heavy German accent and not knowing enough songs by boy bands from the 90's by heart.

Photobucket
And lets wrap up with another photo from Amy. Its too soon to reminisce, but this is me at the bus stop on our first day of school in Germany. Yep fresh the next morning after a 10 hour flight from the states.

Sorry for a recap blog post. I'll try to do something more exciting/blogable next time. And if not, at least take some valid outfit pictures. I told you black skinnies with black boots and a black trench was my daily uniform didn't I? These candid pictures sure prove so.

Till next time bloggers!
Rach:]

4 comments:

  1. I happen to very much like your "uniform". lol :) I thought these pictures were interesting (especially the caviar art?!) woah...

    & I'm a big fan of your sketches! They're very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel, it's really interesting to see Germany through your eyes. I live about 100km northeast from you in Dortmund :-) I always enjoy reading the insights of people visiting foreign countries/cultures, but it sure has a different quality when that foreign culture is my very own :-D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hihi funny pics!
    &Your boots in the first pics are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled upon your blog - and Iv got to say I love it! love your illustrations !

    www.style-fiesta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach