Friday, July 8, 2011

Granny Florals

[Skirt: H&M. Shirt: Target. Necklace: Forever21. Shoes: Aldo. Purse: thrifted]
Photo Credit: Dee

I completely forgot about this skirt until I found it in my closet the other day. Its the last piece of clothing I bought in Germany to bring back with me. When I first saw it at H&M, I was a immediately drawn to the granny floral print on it. What can I say? I'm an old woman at heart. I always get jealous of girls who get to raid their grandmothers' closets for awesome vintage pieces. I love my own grandmother, but her closet in her youth was probably filled with traditional Vietnamese ao dai's.

sp me and dee2

My inner nerd has also being making a reappearance lately. I've gotten into reading a few comics online from Scott Pilgrim vs. The World. I can't help but see my life in Scott Pilgrim form now. Wouldn't it be great to actually see words float through the air when people say them? Or to be able to whip out a mega sledge hammer in a fight? I decided to draw myself and Dee in Scott Pilgrim form, check it out above!



  1. adorbs! now about those legs ... i need them.


  2. i love the necklace! and your hair looks fantastic.

  3. Pretty, pretty pics. Love how the skirt looks on you especially with the nude pumps. And your hair looks beautiful.

  4. love the drawing - you're always so talented with a pencil!

    And the outfit is darling, i adore the neutrals with that pop of green from the necklace x

  5. Oooh, I'm all about the granny chic. Love that skirt and the necklace too. My granny unfortunately didn't leave that much to plunder either. Too many traditional outfits which suited her, but would look awful on me. Hope you have a great weekend!

    You can now also follow Haute World on Twitter @haute_world. Hope to see you there!

  6. wait wheres my sledge hammer??? lol

  7. That skirt is amazing! These photos also gorgeous!

  8. I am also such a granny at heart! Floral prints and collars are some of my favorite things. Your skirt is so summer perfect and I love how you paired it with the grey jumper. And I am so impressed with your heels! I am rather clumsy and would probably stumble. xx

  9. this is an amazing location, where did you find such a cool farm? super cute floral skirt too! it's a fun contrast of you all dressed up on a farm!

  10. Hey! maybe you'd like my blog, i liked yours!! xx

  11. Tis' true grandma's closet holds the best treasures. I have been given a few gems from that special treasure trove. Where were you in Germany, I just got back two weeks ago from a trip to Bavaria!
    PS Love the necklace you are making a statement!


Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]