Thursday, September 8, 2011

Karen O

IMG_4532
IMG_4539
IMG_4543
IMG_4544
About a month ago, I finished this painting of Karen O, the female lead singer of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. She did an ad campaign for a line of matte-black nail polishes and I was drawn to the photo of her from it. The painting was done in watercolor paint and is roughly about 22"by 22" in size. This is the second piece in my series of portraits of inspiring females. Audrey Hepburn was the first. I'm gravitating towards painting Adele for the third portrait. 

Rach:]

13 comments:

  1. Rach, this is amazing. I mean, you knew that, but I'm really speechless. Not only did you completely capture her look, but I feel like I can just keep staring and staring at this picture and still find something new. If it looks this cool on a computer screen, I can't imagine how insane it looks in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing one!!! :D
    Lovin' your sketches and paintings..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing!
    I'd love to see the Audrey one and the Adele's too

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. no comment! AWESOME YOU are a real artist
    http://roastedalmondsceschi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing.. may I post it on my blog?
    bellanaturale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey fellow artist! I can't tell you how happy I am that I found your blog! There's nothing I love more than looking at other people's art and you have some wonderful stuff! I'll be following :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow found your blog radomly , really like your art. Lovely painting up there :)
    keep on doing !
    http://my-greyscale.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG you are a fantastic artist! <3 i cant get over how talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is amazing, seriously. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach