Monday, December 12, 2011

Weeko Mika Designs


IMG_0375 IMG_0368 IMG_0372 IMG_0327 IMG_0351 IMG_0356 IMG_0500 IMG_0546 IMG_0587 IMG_0513 IMG_0409 IMG_0419 IMG_0445 IMG_0437
[leather jacket: Hollister. black tank, black leggings: Target. parka: Kohls. white tshirt: Forever21. boots: Charlotte Russe. all jewelry: Weeko Mika Designs]

A week or so ago, a friend in studio launched her own handmade jewelry line as her final project. She needed someone asap to pose for a few pictures wearing some of the jewelry for her catalog. While clearly I'm not the most professional model, it was still a fun shoot. We conquered the undeveloped patch of woods across from a park in town. It was a little treacherous at first, but we braved forward! 
 
For her project, Alyssa not only handmade each necklace, but created the logo for the etsy site, designed the print catalog, built a window display, printed business cards, and put together the cute packaging for the necklaces. The inspiration for her line was inspired by southwestern native american motifs. Each piece is made of birch-wood or plexiglass that has been laser cut and features details like glitter, skull beads, or natural stones. 
 
I like that each piece is unique. I think my favorite necklaces are the gold glitter plexiglass triangle or the birch-wood triangle with the white skull. And how could you not fall love with the little cute faces of the raccoon and fox? Take a look at the designs below and come check out her etsy shop: Weeko Mika Designs 

Thanks for reading! 
Rach:]


***NOTE: If you can't find one of the necklaces you want above on the etsy shop, message her because it probably hasn't been uploaded yet. Or it might be sold out, so ask her if she can make an order for you!***

35 comments:

  1. Thats really good! I love the Fox ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work :)

    http://ativevita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the raccoon and the fox! So cute!!

    http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning pics!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomakarolina.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. THE FOX NECKLACE !!! I LOVE IT !!!
    Pictures are very nice !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't finded the fox on the etsy site :( But I probably gonna by one for this christmas !

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow these necklances are all amazing , i really like the fox and raccoon

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so lovely, and I adore your jacket

    xx
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's talented. I really like the the one above the bottom right picture.
    Strut Mode

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely!

    xx
    http://eugenemarseille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy shat... your amazing!!! Completely and utterly in LOVE with you and what you do... your sketches are by far the best I've ever seen! You have a new hooked, fellow blogger! xo

    LRT~ http://www.lindseyreganthorne.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just found your blog, and I have to say, it's totally adorable:) Want to follow each other?

    Shelby xoxo
    sweetconfessions21.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love these necklaces!! Your blog is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so amazing!! Your illustrations are fabulous. I'm a new follower to your blog!! Come take a look at mine!
    xx
    http://junebiswas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the pics! and great jewelry!


    xoxo from rome
    K.
    kcomekarolina.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the necklaces <3 you're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you look great! Love your jacket and all the necklaces!!:D

    Stop by some time:D

    xxx

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow, all of those necklaces are so beautiful and so are you!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  19. love your blogdesign and your blog- stunning!

    ENJOY xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I miss your posts! And yes, a shopping trip sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying your blog and am your newest follower. Please check mines out and follow me if you’d like =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. love your blog!! following:)

    follow me back here: baysstylediary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. great necklaces!

    http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

    Giuseppe

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've a "coup de coeur" when I saw these necklaces <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow awesome pics and you did a great job. It's mothers day soon, I think I found her gift.... thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great Blog! Wonderful. I follow you now, you too?:)

    caramellacoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. ★ (・∀・)

    love pictures on your blog :) very nice layout. clean and charming. love your blog.
    i am following you, would you like to follow me back? -:)

    my blog (≧∀≦) σ : http://www.christianyuen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. the collection is awesome! really like the pieces

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are sooooo talented!!! I love your work & your blog :)

    xoxo
    Brett
    http://fashionbybrettrobson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOVE her jewelry line and you make a great model! You're right... they're all so unique! So glad I came across your blog! Can't wait to follow along.

    Amanda
    It's an Easy Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I greatly appreciate every bit of feedback I get. I aim to return all the comments I receive here. Thanks again for being awesome :]
-Rach